time for a new what are you listening to thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Loose Fur:

Jim O'Rourke. One of the most prolific producers that you've never heard of. Also is a member of Sonic Youth (and the above Loose Fur), and his solo shit is pretty tasty:

The Sea and Cake. Really unique band. Lots of jazzy chord voicings, the music comes before everything else (although the lyrics can be pretty sublime), and a strange pop sensibility that shines through all of it. Good summer music:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Loose Fur:

Jim O'Rourke. One of the most prolific producers that you've never heard of. Also is a member of Sonic Youth (and the above Loose Fur), and his solo shit is pretty tasty:

The Sea and Cake. Really unique band. Lots of jazzy chord voicings, the music comes before everything else (although the lyrics can be pretty sublime), and a strange pop sensibility that shines through all of it. Good summer music:

I'll have to check that out when I get home on some real speakers and post a few more videos, I heard some melissa auf der maur the other day that I really liked. I liked her in smashing pumpkins but never really gave her solo stuff a listen till recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Loose Fur:

Tweedy is a badass! A little more Tweedy love, this video of Wilco - "Impossible Germany" is one of my favorites:

The Bright Light Social Hour:

I heard these guys a year ago in Austin when they opened for the Toadies. Definitely a unique sound but they fucking rock IMO.

Unfortunately this isn't the best video,

Comment

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

no youtube video...cd won't be out until september.
                  Originally posted by 56482
                  only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                    Tweedy is a badass! A little more Tweedy love, this video of Wilco - "Impossible Germany" is one of my favorites:

The Bright Light Social Hour:

I heard these guys a year ago in Austin when they opened for the Toadies. Definitely a unique sound but they fucking rock IMO.

Unfortunately this isn't the best video,
                    Christ, man. I don't know how many thousands of times I've listen to "Impossible Germany". That song completely scrambled my brain the first 30 or so times I listened to it. I'm actually working on a little acoustic interpretation of that with a buddy of mine as we speak.

I dug that Bright Light Social Hour tune, that was a catchy groove.

Comment

Men have become the tools of their tools.
                      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I don't know why, but I'm digging the shit out of this.

Comment

I just recently found out about this band, not what I would normally listen to but I think it's cool.
                          Saw them Saturday night at Tree's and they put on a good show.
                          Plus they did a song about Elvira so that's coolness right there.

Comment

Mostly, the same shit I was listening to in the last "what are you listening to" thread.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X