honda grom demo ride???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honda grom demo ride???

Does anyone know a dealer or Honda demo ride event where I can test ride a new Grom?
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

unless you want a pitbike / beater for running down the street don't even bother.

Comment

They are cheap though. Probably be fun too, just because of the control you'd have over the thing. I think you can get em used for like $3k. I'd look like a gorilla on a tricycle on one.
      WH

Comment

I've wanted one and have heard they are bulletproof, very fun, and cheap, like $4k new OTD. Haven't bought one though because not sure where I could ride it safely being as I live in the middle of DFW.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

I have a friend that really wants one, he said there is some kind of engine kit that will nearly double the power. So if it accelerates halfway decently stock, then maybe that kit would be just the thing for one of these.
          WH

Comment

I ride around a street legal crf50, I can do almost 45 mph with a couple mods.

So i live out of dfw a few minutes, i do just want a bike to putt around on. The fiddy is fun but I want a little more and I am not interested in a full size bike, i have had tons of street bikes. I just can't drop $3-4k without riding it.
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
              I ride around a street legal crf50, I can do almost 45 mph with a couple mods.

So i live out of dfw a few minutes, i do just want a bike to putt around on. The fiddy is fun but I want a little more and I am not interested in a full size bike, i have had tons of street bikes. I just can't drop $3-4k without riding it.
              bro, go buy an old 636 or zx6rr or even a basic gsxr. what are you even doing with your life right now?
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                bro, go buy an old 636 or zx6rr or even a basic gsxr. what are you even doing with your life right now?
                Yea just not interested in riding street on those. Not sure what I am doing with my life.
                2006 Civic SI
                2009 Pilot
                1988 GT
                CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

i want one. i just know it will just end up sitting there like my last streetbike.

i can already play it out in my head...

fuck yeah, super pumped i bought it.
                  man this is so cool.
                  shit, it is kind of slow.
                  fuck the police i am riding on the sidewalk because i am from garland.
                  some random almost nails me.
                  remembers why i stopped riding on the street.
                  try to jump stuff.
                  remember i ride dirt bikes to jump stuff.
                  tell myself it is for runs to walgreens to get little bullshit.
                  despise the space it takes up in the garage.
                  keep it for five more years hating have to move it.
                  replace fork seals and battery, then sell it.
                  overwhelmed by all the space in the garage again.

so yeah, i probably will get a white one when used prices calm down.

Comment

to the OP, they are cool, but I have never seen anyone riding one on the street and think, damn he looks cool.

it's not my money, but id definitely look at something more like a drz400 or a street legal motard of some sort.
                    Last edited by Rick Modena; 05-23-2017, 11:43 AM.
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I love my drz, but not sure I'd say the same if I lived in dfw

Comment

They can be fun, cmra has/had a grom class. I've been seeing them used under 3k, I'm kind of surprised prices haven't come down on them. Everyone I knew that bought one paid 3-3400, when I went looking to buy one I couldn't find a dealer that would do anything less than 4200 cash OTD.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                          They can be fun, cmra has/had a grom class.
                          how does that work? like ellens fairway, full throttle never brake?

Comment

i saw a white one yesterday. probably a member here, mid-late 20s with some orange shirt with a rebel flag on it, and again i was just thinking, it wasnt that cool.
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Friend of mine from North Carolina brought his Kawasaki Z125 (basically a Grom) down to the Pirate Rally in the Keys this year rather than riding his GS Aventure. He did a couple 40 mile round trips from our campground to Key West. He said it'd top out @ 55mph. Looked fun for toodling around.

Comment

Working...
                              X