• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
    Interesting so you run a hedge fund? Let me get my clippers

No. We invest in mortgage notes.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I’ve got a bit less than $100K sitting in bonds. I’m just waiting for the bottom before I spread it around.

I am doing a few things. I’ve made a bottle of hand sanitizer for my travel and I’m laughing my ass off at how hard it is to not touch my face. Beyond that I’m not going to worry myself much more. I was supposed to be in Vegas this week for our annual sales kickoff and training but the company decided it was prudent to make the event virtual. For me, that was great because i kinda hate Vegas.

I specialized in Virtual Desktops and mobile device management. We have seen a HUGE spike in interest from companies that now WANT their employees working from home. I thought I was going to have trouble making quota this year but now I think there is a chance we’ll blast by our annual number before the end of the half. I’m still traveling to customer sites but some customers have asked us to do things virtually.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish
        Interesting so you run a hedge fund? Let me get my clippers
        Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        Is this your original screen name, or was it something else?

I feel like this level of retardation would have stuck out in the past.
        QIK46

What's truly unfortunate in this situation is forecasters i.e.(Equity Strategist) and the dip in the stock market due to panic. The media is truly unethical and using sensationalism to exacerbate this event. Let me give u a small modicum of insight of how this works from the point of view of a webmaster for 15 years now. You are looking at bookface, boobtube, and the news online and these are monitized sites that get paid by click thru traffic and hits. They know it's nothing more than a bad cold or a mild flu that only is truly dangerous to people who are medically predisposed. They want to scare the heck out of you for hits and to tune into their tv show. Oh, well...enought of that.

*To answer the OP's question; What I plan to do with Corona is drink a Corona while I clean up my workbench and vacuum all of the damn dog hair out of my wife's Lincoln from the last time we took our Golden to the dog park. It's a mess.

And...regarding some of the alarmist attitudes I've seen lately and perhaps in this thread.

I saw a meme the other day that I thought was both humorous and apropos for this situation. Stay safe, gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post

QIK46

What's truly unfortunate in this situation is forecasters i.e.(Equity Strategist) and the dip in the stock market due to panic. The media is truly unethical and using sensationalism to exacerbate this event. Let me give u a small modicum of insight of how this works from the point of view of a webmaster for 15 years now. You are looking at bookface, boobtube, and the news online and these are monitized sites that get paid by click thru traffic and hits. They know it's nothing more than a bad cold or a mild flu that only is truly dangerous to people who are medically predisposed. They want to scare the heck out of you for hits and to tune into their tv show. Oh, well...enought of that.

*To answer the OP's question; What I plan to do with Corona is drink a Corona while I clean up my workbench and vacuum all of the damn dog hair out of my wife's Lincoln from the last time we took our Golden to the dog park. It's a mess.

And...regarding some of the alarmist attitudes I've seen lately and perhaps in this thread.

I saw a meme the other day that I thought was both humorous and apropos for this situation. Stay safe, gentlemen.

That meme only serves to show that we have several documented cases of widespread panic, awareness and a hyper aggressive response actually working to prevent a global catastrophe.

I know you simple types like to pretend it means everyone is freaking out over nothing, but thats actually in line with antivaxxer beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            That meme only serves to show that we have several documented cases of widespread panic, awareness and a hyper aggressive response actually working to prevent a global catastrophe.

I know you simple types like to pretend it means everyone is freaking out over nothing, but thats actually in line with antivaxxer beliefs.
            I may be misinterpreting what you are saying, if so I apologize. However, definitely not a "simple types" as a former Paramedic I recognize the importance of vaccines and Herd immunity. I get annual Flu shots myself.

Yet, if you or the media is telling me the sky is falling I am not buying what you are selling.

Good day, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I'm loving this, I have made at least $50k in the stock market already.

As for buying the food or whatever, it is all bullshit. This thing is already a pandemic just like the Spanish Flu. The death rate is around 3% and it doesn't really affect kids. It is hardly anything to be worried about because if it does kill 3% of the population it will do it in very slow motion, to the point where it is not disruptive to the economy. The over reaction of people will be more disruptive than this virus will, with all the school and store closings and all that shit.

I booked a great cruise for my in laws in May. Now is a great time to travel because the sheeple aren't going anywhere. They are in their 60s though so I did buy insurance in case they get nervous and want to back out. I'm going even if it is a zombie apocalypse.
              I refuse to cruise not because I'm worried about getting sick...but because I dont want to be quarantined off the coast for 3 weeks because someone drug that shit on. None of the poor folk that ride cruises will cancel and actually self quarantine because they "aint gonna waste no $700".

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                I refuse to cruise not because I'm worried about getting sick...but because I dont want to be quarantined off the coast for 3 weeks because someone drug that shit on. None of the poor folk that ride cruises will cancel and actually self quarantine because they "aint gonna waste no $700".
                Yeah, fuck a bunch of that. I tend to agree with the thoughts that this is being blown way out of proportion. But I also know people are the fucking worst. I don't want to be locked in a room for 3+ weeks because of some window licker that doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

That said, I've never been on a cruise and don't plan on going on one either, and it has little to do with the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Yeah, fuck a bunch of that. I tend to agree with the thoughts that this is being blown way out of proportion. But I also know people are the fucking worst. I don't want to be locked in a room for 3+ weeks because of some window licker that doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

That said, I've never been on a cruise and don't plan on going on one either, and it has little to do with the virus.
                  I’ve always liked the idea of going on a cruise but You hear too many horror stories. It also doesn’t help that my wife hates boats (she gets motion sickness). But now, with these quarantines, there is no way I’d set foot on one now.

Also, it’s fuckin’ amazing how people don’t wash their hands. I generally avoid public restrooms if I can but when I’m there I see at least half the people not even bothering to rinse their hands. WTF is wrong with those people...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                    I’ve always liked the idea of going on a cruise but You hear too many horror stories. It also doesn’t help that my wife hates boats (she gets motion sickness). But now, with these quarantines, there is no way I’d set foot on one now.

Also, it’s fuckin’ amazing how people don’t wash their hands. I generally avoid public restrooms if I can but when I’m there I see at least half the people not even bothering to rinse their hands. WTF is wrong with those people...
                    There was a big deal on the news how at a Mavs or Stars game the other night there were lines for the men's restrooms, due to everyone washing their hands. It seriously made the news. lmao

Comment

I myself would never go on a cruise either not because of this really but the idea of being stuck on the water for a week and possibly actually stuck on the water. Hygiene is always a problem for cruise ships they are notorious for getting and rapidly spreading shit much like air travel but almost as worse. Norovirus is very common on them and I do t want any part of that shit alone.

Comment

I specialized in Virtual Desktops and mobile device management. We have seen a HUGE spike in interest from companies that now WANT their employees working from home. I thought I was going to have trouble making quota this year but now I think there is a chance we’ll blast by our annual number before the end of the half. I’m still traveling to customer sites but some customers have asked us to do things virtually.
                        Same here, to the point that the State of California is looking to implement new WFH guidelines/policies, that will include Teams, VDI, VOIP, and security. I personally am hoping to stave off the monthly trips to Sacramento, not because I'm afraid of dying, but I don't want to potentially bring Covid home for what amounts to non-essential travel. That and I've stepped up my sanitizing game at the gym.

Comment

Comment

Sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              I myself would never go on a cruise either not because of this really but the idea of being stuck on the water for a week and possibly actually stuck on the water. Hygiene is always a problem for cruise ships they are notorious for getting and rapidly spreading shit much like air travel but almost as worse. Norovirus is very common on them and I do t want any part of that shit alone.
                              I used to do the cruises, but I won't any more. Customer service has gone downhill, the countries you go to have gotten more hostile post Trump and the fear of quarantine/breakdown has pushed me over the edge.

I can do the exact same thing down in Florida and still be in the states, plus I can drive the hell away if something happens.

Comment

Posting this here, as it's relevant. You're not gonna get Covid, or even know someone who does.

Comment

Working...
                                X