Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to find this elsewhere to corroborate, however its interesting that they're now saying they overestimated the mortality by a couple of orders of magnitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      trying to find this elsewhere to corroborate, however its interesting that they're now saying they overestimated the mortality by a couple of orders of magnitude.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...-revises-model

Saw that elsewhere this morning.
      Cliffs Notes for others... The study that said UK would see 500k deaths has been revised by the author down to 20k deaths.

Comment

• I love it. Someone’s “prediction” had to be revised after the fact. Sounds a lot like these people have a lot in common with the global warming folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          trying to find this elsewhere to corroborate, however its interesting that they're now saying they overestimated the mortality by a couple of orders of magnitude.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...-revises-model
          Neil Ferguson sucks more than Steve Bartman.

Comment

• So... who thinks the CDC is going to grow much larger, and much more powerful after all this? Government always uses any excuse to get bigger.
            WH

Comment

• Just found out, I am looking at over 100 days unpaid. Everyone was just furloughed in my dept. The travel industry has taken a major hit and of course that is where I WAS working. This completely sucks because I am close to living paycheck to paycheck, UGH. Can not even imagine this would ever happen. Hope this mess is over soon. This whole toilet paper craze and almost zero food in the super markets seems to have everyone worried.
              Last edited by Jon/xpm; 03-26-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• I feel bad for my next door neighbor. She has like 3 to 4 signs on her door warning to stay away because of the Corona Virus. She is elderly and has pre existing conditions. Just saw the apartment complex threatening to kick her out because she clogged the sewer pipes because she is scared to leave her apartment or interact with anyone. Just flushing anything and everything down the toilets instead of taking it to the trash can or have someone do it for her. Plenty of people have volunteer but the pure fear has got her. Crazy world we live in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon/xpm View Post
                  Just found out, I am looking at over 100 days unpaid. Everyone was just furloughed in my dept. The travel industry has taken a major hit and of course that is where I WAS working. This completely sucks because I am close to living paycheck to paycheck, UGH. Can not even imagine this would ever happen. Hope this mess is over soon. This whole toilet paper craze and almost zero food in the super markets seems to have everyone worried.
                  That sucks I'm sorry and I know it's not the same pay but file for unemployment immediately. If you tell them that the corona was a factor they will fast track your unemployment and you want miss a paycheck. My wife works at a hotel and resort and they have already cut almost everyone and they called a meeting for the remainder of the people and told them that they already have all their paperwork ready to go for unemployment if they have to close up shop for a while and told them they wouldn't miss a paycheck.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    That sucks I'm sorry and I know it's not the same pay but file for unemployment immediately. If you tell them that the corona was a factor they will fast track your unemployment and you want miss a paycheck. My wife works at a hotel and resort and they have already cut almost everyone and they called a meeting for the remainder of the people and told them that they already have all their paperwork ready to go for unemployment if they have to close up shop for a while and told them they wouldn't miss a paycheck.
                    Thanks for the advice. I plan on filing ASAP online. Still waiting on my paper work so I can apply since the process does not start till 3/29 (from my understanding)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      So... who thinks the CDC is going to grow much larger, and much more powerful after all this? Government always uses any excuse to get bigger.
                      It does all feel very Orwellian. Gov’t only grows. That’s for certain. You ever see it shrink or laws / regulations removed or deleted?

Comment

• Because of the magnitude of the issue we're facing, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they think they will make this a regular practice, then people will start dying of lead poisoning because I won't play their games. I'll see what they do as far as enacting laws before I get too bent out of shape over it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon/xpm View Post
                          I feel bad for my next door neighbor. She has like 3 to 4 signs on her door warning to stay away because of the Corona Virus. She is elderly and has pre existing conditions. Just saw the apartment complex threatening to kick her out because she clogged the sewer pipes because she is scared to leave her apartment or interact with anyone. Just flushing anything and everything down the toilets instead of taking it to the trash can or have someone do it for her. Plenty of people have volunteer but the pure fear has got her. Crazy world we live in.
                          That's the shame, she is self-isolating and the apartment managers are on the warpath. Weren't forced evictions halted by Judge Jenkins in Dallas County (assuming this in Dallas County) for 2 months or so?

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            It does all feel very Orwellian. Gov’t only grows. That’s for certain. You ever see it shrink or laws / regulations removed or deleted?
                            Here and there... sometimes. There are times that they view some things to be more of a pain than they're worth. Also if you look closely, sometimes technology will dry them up. It has happened that something comes along and makes a lot of government employees and offices obsolete. And really, the less of them around, the better. Any reduction in their numbers is a good thing for us. But I agree it's definitely uncommon.
                            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              I love it. Someone’s “prediction” had to be revised after the fact. Sounds a lot like these people have a lot in common with the global warming folks.
                              IMO, the reaction is an overreaction. All the panic and hysteria. My $0.02.

And Paxton told any county and city to pound sand restricting guns:
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• It may not be as contagious as we thought. My home town was Springtown and the JOP got corona and it's been about 2 weeks. He is doing better and his wife that has been taking care of him has not showed 1 sign or symptom. she just got her test back and it was negative.

Comment

Working...
                                X