No announcement yet.

What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron is right. I can promise yall that a huge portion of the population is not social distancing. I went on a run yesterday and parents were still bringing their kids to play at the part and people were still walking in groups.

I also had to grab something at lowes and it was packed on a wednesday at 11 am with people buying non essential stuff.

I tried to take this shit seriously but it's too late now. The cats gotta the bag and we just gotta hope hospitals can keep up. I'm still social distancing for now...but it's starting to look pointless.

When you're social distancing...you dont actually see just how many people aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      When you're social distancing...you dont actually see just how many people aren't.
      I find this to be factual as well. Yesterday I had to buy a couple things for WFH purposes due to hardware failures. I paid electronically, they left products on porch - easy....I wiped down, done deal.

I went from Van Alstyne to west area-ish of McKinney. Sidewalks were packed, traffic was not light, but not massive either. However, if a store was open - the lot was packed.

Some Walmart in Mckinney - parking lot full
      Bucees in Melissa - pumps and parking lot were pretty darned full
      Walmart in Anna - packed
      Misc places that were open seemed to be busy with cars in the lots

...in a way this should be expected. I have the privilege of WFH and my wife is a teacher working through distance learning....from home...very little out and about. Other families do not have this ability and they have to get their supplies on weekends (at least that's the assumption I'm making).

I also keep wanting to reduce the seriousness in which we are taking this virus. However, then I remember for the most part the whole damned globe has shutdown. Having a senior that lives with me and family I interact with - I'm just gonna keep my ass at home.

My kids do not fully understand why I'm strict on them and all their buddies are still interacting as if nothing different. That bums me out the most since they did nothing wrong and essentially it's like being grounded.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• All you have to do is read the first 6 pages of this thread to see it's not just the privilege of WFH that is bringing people out.

By the time people actually took this serious it was too late to make this a quick battle. Those same people will soon realize that, and they will go back to ignoring the idea of social distancing. We just gotta hope this thing is very seasonal and the ERs arent over filled.

Comment

All you have to do is read the first 6 pages of this thread to see it's not just the privilege of WFH that is bringing people out.

By the time people actually took this serious it was too late to make this a quick battle. Those same people will soon realize that, and they will go back to ignoring the idea of social distancing. We just gotta hope this thing is very seasonal and the ERs arent over filled.
          Agreed - the other hope is good treatment being available quickly.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Yeah, but social distance anyway. Let the idiots catch it and possibly die of it. You never know, that week you stayed home, or that time you didn't get to close to someone, may just result in saving someone's life. It may delay the time that they ended up getting by a few days or a couple of weeks, resulting in them living long enough that they got a vaccine. No reason to conform to morons. I've been off work for a couple of weeks now. I don't really do unnecessary debt so it's not hurting me. Staying home the whole time. Well I did deliver some groceries to my grandparents but I sprayed it all with lysol first and let it sit on their front porch for 20 minutes before I called em to come get it. Can't hurt.
            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
              I lied!
              You've been doing that every time you've posted anything.
              sigpic

Comment

Aaron is right. I can promise yall that a huge portion of the population is not social distancing. I went on a run yesterday and parents were still bringing their kids to play at the part and people were still walking in groups.

I also had to grab something at lowes and it was packed on a wednesday at 11 am with people buying non essential stuff.

I tried to take this shit seriously but it's too late now. The cats gotta the bag and we just gotta hope hospitals can keep up. I'm still social distancing for now...but it's starting to look pointless.

The problem here is that this isn't a terrifying disease, it has a very low fatality rate, so people don't care. On top of that, there are so many "essential businesses" that it's not going to stop the spread. One sick person, or carrier needs groceries, so they go out and infect all of the people in the store. So yeah, all this is doing is hurting small business and paycheck to paycheck people.

Comment

• Well, this shit just got real. Ol' 'Rona got Joe Diffie.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    Well, this shit just got real. Ol' 'Rona got Joe Diffie.

Damn man that really sucks. . I just read this.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Well, this shit just got real. Ol' 'Rona got Joe Diffie.

Damn!

Comment

• It usually takes someone close to someone dying or a celebrity dying for people to take things seriously.

On the other hand, all you guys going around looking down your noses at people have no idea what the circumstances are for a particular person who is out and about. It could be the first time a person has been out of the house in weeks. What a bunch of dipshits you guys are. You remind me of the fucking Karens on Facebook. If I want to know how dumb rich white bitches who never leave Plano/Southlake/HP/UP feel about ANY issue and get the most poorly thought out, reactionary and totally useless perspective on it, that is where I go.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Awww....it looks like the quarantine made someone a little sassy and slow.

Comment

Awww....it looks like the quarantine made someone a little sassy and slow.
                            I'm quarantined? While you are sitting around tweaking your bitch tits and watching Dobie Gillis all day, I'm going to work as usual.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              I'm quarantined? While you are sitting around tweaking your bitch tits and watching Dobie Gillis all day, I'm going to work as usual.
                              And still overcompensating! Dont pretend like you have business right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                While you are sitting around tweaking your bitch tits and watching Dobie Gillis all day, I'm going to work as usual.
                                lmfao!
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X