Did Dan go to the cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    shake them haters off dan! sorry to hear about the piston though. any eta on when the mach will be up and running, i think i'll be back in action next weekend.
    I can have it back up in a week or so but I'm going to do something to it while its down so it might be a few more weeks.
    03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

26* and 23lbs, sheeeiiitt, i know e85 is a different beast and built motors can take more, but i thought i was pushing it @ 16* and 13psi (w/meth injection)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
        who's trying to be conservitive? I race this car not daily drive it...
        Hell yeah....throw some more timing at it then! Good way to set timing is take the amount of boost your running, add 10 to that...and roll with it. So that's 33 degrees for you, maybe throw 5 more degrees in there since it a race car. If you hear something rattling in the motor, stay in it...show your pistons who's boss.

Comment

marsh i give the car what it likes and nothing more. i picked up over 90rwhp going from 20 to24* and adding fuel. there wasnt any rattling going on...

BTW The ring land didn't lift at all it was pushed down into the oil ring...
          Last edited by Dan03mach; 03-12-2012, 06:15 PM.
          "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan03mach
            On gas it does but with Ethanol it shouldn't be. Ethanol burns a lot different then gas does. I was having spark cut at 24* of timing at 21lbs off boost. I opened the gap on the plugs a little bit as suggested and bumped the timing up more. Going to see how it runs later on today. So far since I did what was suggested to me. The car idles now like a stock car and is very very smooth. The best it has ever been really.

just going off what you said. you said people are running 32* and that at 24* you were getting spark cut and you bumped it up more...

Comment

marsh i give the car what it likes and nothing more..
              Id ask your broke piston about that one

Comment

26 degrees sounds like alot of timing to me at full boost... Then again what do I know. I run like 13 degrees on my piece of crap.
                2004 Cobra
                www.boostedgt.com
                www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Any boosted motor is going to pick up power if you add timing, to a certain degree, then you damage stuff. Its going to come into boost fast and sound awesome too. Timing is the devil, so you need to set it conservative and leave it alone. Add boost. If you are having to crank a bunch of timing into it, IMO, somethings not right.

I would read what CollinsAuto is saying on Yellowbullet, to me, his theory makes alot sense.

Comment

I only make 7 psi of boost with 10 degrees i guess my shit is all fucked off

Comment

" A car never feels faster than RIGHT BEFORE it blows up!" LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
                        Hell yeah....throw some more timing at it then! Good way to set timing is take the amount of boost your running, add 10 to that...and roll with it. So that's 33 degrees for you, maybe throw 5 more degrees in there since it a race car. If you hear something rattling in the motor, stay in it...show your pistons who's boss.
                        When the pistons are clean as they went in...nothing wrong with the tune..move along kids lmao. Some folks just don't have the experience yet.

Comment

marsh i give the car what it likes and nothing more. i picked up over 90rwhp going from 20 to24* and adding fuel. there wasnt any rattling going on...

BTW The ring land didn't lift at all it was pushed down into the oil ring...
                          Dan The Detonator!

Ps.. You're still blinded by ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
                            Dan The Detonator!

Ps.. You're still blinded by ignorance!
                            Mike the middle ring land was pushed into the oil ring from too much fuel washing the cylinders causing more heat. The wasn't any detonation. Everyone that has looked at the pistons, plugs, heads, etc said the same thing. I had too much fuel and it cleaned the cylinder walls off. But hey you can think what you want it's all good.
                            "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
                              When the pistons are clean as they went in...nothing wrong with the tune..move along kids lmao. Some folks just don't have the experience yet.

Piston looks normal to me.
                              "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

regardless your 2nd ring got pushed down more then likely b/c your 1st ring got pushed up. yeah probably washed the walls down, but lets all agree your tune fucked it up. regardless if detonation or too much fuel

Comment

Working...
                                X