• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
    They don't....

mardyn
    Define modern

Comment

300,000+ lbs traveling at 200+ knots and you guys don't think that's enough! Oh yeah, that fire that burned for a little over an hour ( North Tower) after the impact??
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

They don't....

mardyn
        What are you talkin about? They collapse frequently through deliberate action. We've all seen buildings demolished by companies that specialize in that sort of thing. What we are witnessing when they demolish a building is the building collapsing under its own weight brought about by a structural failure. The collapse of the World Trade Center buildings is exactly what a structural failure looks like and because it looks exactly like what happens when buildings are demolished people mistakenly thought that the World Trade Center buildings were deliberately demolished with explosives instead of being deliberately demolished by hitting them with an aircraft. Even the Builders of the buildings understood that a strike from an aircraft could bring them down which is why they designed them to withstand a hit from a Boeing 707. The towers were both hit with Boeing 767 which weigh considerably more than a Boeing 707.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Yes, I understand how the demo buildings and cut out the structure and let gravity do the work...

I'm just saying flying an aircraft into the top of a skyscraper doesn't take out the supporting structure down on the lower levels...

Something else is going on to cause that level of destruction.

Take 2 minutes and watch this video: https://www.facebook.com/tftp4.0/vid...02651488/?t=16

mardyn
          Last edited by mardyn; 09-12-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
            300,000+ lbs traveling at 200+ knots and you guys don't think that's enough! Oh yeah, that fire that burned for a little over an hour ( North Tower) after the impact??
            The second jet was going well over 500 knots.

I think there are so many skeptics because it's just so hard to understand the forces involved. The jets were loaded with fuel that ignited and burned for a long time. The steel beams lose 60% of their tensile strength when heated to 600 degrees Celsius, the fires were hotter than that at times. The concrete flooring crumbles and collapses onto lower floors, adding to their load. Factory this in with the massive impact that also sliced through much of the structure and it's hard to believe they stood as long as they did.

Sure it seems logical that only part of the buildings should have collapsed but the individual floors were designed to carry their load only. When 20+ floors collapse on top of them they're going to fail immediately and pile on to the ones below them. Gently set a hammer on your thumb and it doesn't hurt, find one that weighs 20x as much and drop it from a few inches and you'll have a different story.

I don't think this was a sanctioned US government attack by any means but Bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri certainly had CIA funding and training at some point in their lives.

Comment

Yes, I understand how the demo buildings and cut out the structure and let gravity do the work...

I'm just saying flying an aircraft into the top of a skyscraper doesn't take out the supporting structure down on the lower levels...

mardyn
              It's as simple as the weakening of a structure from a massive fire, and the structural buckling of floors as the building begins to collapse and pickup momentum. Oh and a massive plane crash into the building.

Go place a brick on your foot and then drop it on your foot...tell me which does more damage.

The exact same thing happened to a skyscraper in brazil.

But that doesnt suit your flat earth propaganda so just ignore this post as well.

Comment

Take 2 minutes and watch this video: https://www.facebook.com/tftp4.0/vid...02651488/?t=16

mardyn
                You have to look at how those buildings were designed. They wanted to maximize open floor space (each floor was nearly an acre) so the main support was a permiter structure and a center core (where elevators and other things resided). By design the inner column would carry nearly all of the vertical load while the perimeter structure would carry horizontal (wind). The vertical load of each floor was supported by the central column... each floor did not support the floor above it.

With a fucking airplane smashing in, the perimiter and core were damaged (putting more stress on the remaining structure). When that steel was weakeed due to prolonged fire expsore it lost the ability to support the weight above. From there, when one floor collaped on the floor below it did it like a pancake... then that one let go, then the next, and it cascaded all the way down - straight down, as the perimeter support structure of the building kept it generally contained.

Last edited by Strychnine; 09-12-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  You have to look at how those buildings were designed. They wanted to maximize open floor space (each floor was nearly an acre) so the main support was a permiter structure and a center core (where elevators and other things resided). By design the inner column would carry nearly all of the vertical load while the perimeter structure would carry horizontal (wind). The vertical load of each floor was supported by the central column... each floor did not support the floor above it.

With a fucking airplane smashing in, the perimiter and core were damaged (putting more stress on the remaining structure). When that steel was weakeed due to prolonged fire expsore it lost the ability to support the weight above. From there, when one floor collaped on the floor below it did it like a pancake... then that one let go, then the next, and it cascaded all the way down - straight down, as the perimeter support structure of the building kept it generally contained.

Get that physics and logic shit out of here! You are part of the conspiracy!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Get that physics and logic shit out of here! You are part of the conspiracy!
                    Freakin engineers ruining all the conspiracy fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Freakin engineers ruining all the conspiracy fun.
                      Internet engineers are always far more interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Internet engineers are always far more interesting!
                        I know that's sarcasm...but the best part of internet engineering is that You get to be a complete asshole.

At work, no matter how dumb a comment is...I have to play nice and political.

Comment

I agree with all of the above and understand the concept of the cascade collapse of the buildings... I'm not saying there's some grand conspiracy

I'm just saying there's more to the story... I don't know what it is, but there's more we're not allowed to know.

Now I'm off to the edge of the earth... I'll check back in tomorrow.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            You dont get to play victim when you come into a 9/11 memorial thread and spread your anti govt propaganda.

How do modern buildings collapse?

I’m not playing victim. Can you not debate without being a prick? I don’t think I’ve ever been a prick to you on here. So there’s no need.
                            As far as anti-govt propaganda...it isn’t propaganda. It’s my opinion. You can be naive all you want, but stop with the personal attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              I’m not playing victim. Can you not debate without being a prick? I don’t think I’ve ever been a prick to you on here. So there’s no need.
                              As far as anti-govt propaganda...it isn’t propaganda. It’s my opinion. You can be naive all you want, but stop with the personal attacks.
                              Damn dude sorry for offending you. I dont see it as a light hearted opinion to come into a memorial thread spreading your conspiracies...so excuse me for trying to educate in a manner that is too assholeish.

Edit: and crying about personal attacks then calling me naive is a very victim mentality thing to do. Like you're the only enlightened person in this room.
                              Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 09-12-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                                It's not really a debate if you don't, well... debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X