Weedeaters and chainsaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    Stihl all the way! Do yourself a favor and run trufuel in all your small engines if you dont have Efree gas around you. 90 percent of the stuff you see on Craigslist that is extremely cheap because it doesn't run is either fuel lines have been ate up or they need a carb kit due to white death from ethanol setting up in the carb.
    That shouldn't be an issue during the summer months where it's getting used every week, should it? I've been using TruFuel for the convenience factor but I have about 4-5 of those 1oz oil mixes that I've been meaning to use, plus it's probably a little cheaper than TruFuel. I thought about using the oil/gas mix during the summer and as we approach Winter, then start using TruFuel.

Comment

Stihl Everything!

Comment

My Echo weedeater, made in 2013 has a label on the motor says do not use more than 10% ethanol. so far I have not winterized it or used ethanol free gas, and it always starts up easily. Hopefully this means the manufactures are building them to hold up to the crappy gas we are forced to use.

Comment

Where is ethanol free gas sold in the metroplex?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Where is ethanol free gas sold in the metroplex?
            Its not, other than a place in Gainesville if I remember.

You can buy the Trufuel premix at most hardware stores.

Comment

Scored a Stihl MS 211 16 inch chainsaw at a pawn shop when the dumbass employee flooded it while trying to start it up for me and I told him I wouldn't buy it unless I could see it run. He told me a non running chainsaw was no good to him and asked me what I'd give him for it as-is. I said $50 bucks and he said ok. Took it home, cleaned the plug off and it cranked right up and runs perfect lol. SCORE!!!!!!!

Comment

You can buy ethanol free fuel at Home Depot and Walmart it’s expensive but if you’re using for residential use I highly recommend. If you have a big property and go through a LOT of gas maybe just 93 and a good 2 cycle oil with fuel stabilizer in it.. don’t buy more pump gas than you’ll use in a month for 2 stroke stuff because performance and reliability will decline pretty fast after.. you can go a little longer with mowers but maybe only by another 30 days or so

I love Stihl products! I have a stihl leaf blower and it’s been absolutely amazing.. I’ve had it 4 years and only had to change the plug and air filters..

I love my echo trimmer too.. same maintenance plus a set of fuel lines and a new carb.. the echo is lighter than the commercial stihl trimmers but you sacrifice a little torque.. you can’t go wrong with either though imo

Both will need proper maintenance to stay reliable though..
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

I live in Quinlan on Lake Tawakoni and there is one station that sells non-ethanol about 5 miles away. There is also one just off 30 in Greensville. Don't know about dfw.

Edit: you can go to pure-gas.org for a local map of stations.
                  Last edited by johnboy; 04-19-2018, 12:20 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

a lot of the pumps at marinas are non-ethanol.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Baron, you're right. My buddy who lives on cedar creek gets his at a marina. The two i Iisted are small independent owner ones. Gas is not branded. Pricewise last time I was there was about 14 cents a gallon more than corn crap.
                      sigpic

Comment

There is an E free station in graford, on PK, and here in graham.

Comment

Working...
                        X