Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you want a fully automatic firearm...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so I am not trying to prove anyone wrong, I am actually learning here as anyone else who would be reading this for their first NFA item purchase, so these questions and answers may help people along the way.

I called my dealer and confirmed (just making sure I submitted mine right), as well as a quick Google and both found to list the item AFTER you receive your stamp as you do not actually own it, and can't legally be part of your trust till you do. It sounds like they have been approved both ways, so guess it is a minor detail.

Everything needs to be listed in the Schedule A except the new item you are getting, it gets listed after you receive your stamped Form.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      OK so I am not trying to prove anyone wrong, I am actually learning here as anyone else who would be reading this for their first NFA item purchase, so these questions and answers may help people along the way.

I called my dealer and confirmed (just making sure I submitted mine right), as well as a quick Google and both found to list the item AFTER you receive your stamp as you do not actually own it, and can't legally be part of your trust till you do. It sounds like they have been approved both ways, so guess it is a minor detail.
      Interesting, but like I said, I have been approved every time even though I listed the item as being owned. And again, my lawyer told me to do it that way.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Fingerprint myself and Photoshop a picture.

Plus if anyone goes shooting with my stuff I'm usually going anyways.

Comment

As for paperwork time. That varies with all examiners like everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            ...Then fill out a certification of compliance. The final and hardest step is to get the local chief of law enforcement to sign your form 4s (a number of people can sign, for more information do a quick google search on who can sign a form 4). In Dallas county they will not sign....
            I know for a fact that is incorrect; I have gotten (and helped others get) signatures in Dallas County for the past decade.

Comment

#1 Thing you will need is patience. You buy a gun today, you wont be able to take it home for 6-8 months

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                #1 Thing you will need is patience. You buy a gun today, you won't be able to take it home for 6-8 months
                that's not true either; my last individual tax-paid Form 4 transfer was approved in two days, and I had the approved form with the $200 tax stamp affixed back in hand eleven days after mailing it; but YMMV...

Comment

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
                  that's not true either; my last individual tax-paid Form 4 transfer was approved in two days, and I had the approved form with the $200 tax stamp affixed back in hand eleven days after mailing it; but YMMV...
                  How long ago was this? I am sorry but there is no way in hell in the last 5 or so years it has taken less then 60 days from check cash, to approval.
                  Right now it is 5 months FROM PENDING.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    How long ago was this? I am sorry but there is no way in hell in the last 5 or so years it has taken less then 60 days from check cash, to approval.
                    Right now it is 5 months FROM PENDING.
                    It is taking all of my being to hold back from commenting on this guy right now, I'll let CJ decide what to say though.
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Hook it up, then!
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        It is taking all of my being to hold back from commenting on this guy right now, I'll let CJ decide what to say though.
                        Oh shit, he's about to tear someone a new one!

Comment

That's because you're FBI, I'm sure it's a lot quicker for you
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            That's because you're FBI, I'm sure it's a lot quicker for you
                            FBI...ATF... government none the less, so yeah, it's definitely quicker.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

We should see if he'll take us shooting at the Quantico range. That would be the greatest.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_cj View Post
                                that's because you're fbi, i'm sure it's a lot quicker for you

Originally posted by chopped54 View Post
                                how long ago was this? I am sorry but there is no way in hell an average swinging dick, in the last 5 or so years, has taken less then 60 days from check cash, to approval.
                                Right now it is 5 months from pending.
                                fixed!

Comment

Working...
                                X