Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love em or hate em, Trump was good for your 401k's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I have a little bit of every kind of account. And Roth IRAs are great. Avoiding taxes should be a top priority for anyone who is serious about getting rich. Contribute the maximum to your 401k every year ($18k in 2017) just for the tax benefits. Also, don't forget that if you are covered by shitty insurance with a high deductible, you can contribute up to $6,900 (2018 limit if married) to a health savings account and it comes out as pretax dollars. A lot of people are using those health savings accounts as just another investment account and many of the plans allow you to invest that money in funds just like a 401k. There is very little in the way of oversight on the withdrawal side of things as well.

Also, you can avoid a whole lot of taxes in a taxable account if you buy good shares and hold them for the long term without selling. The dividends get taxed at 15% after a year (20% if you work for the railroad). I still have shares in all the banks from 2008 and most of them are up 150% or more at this point.
    I'll add that the 18K does not include the employer match. The max combined is something like $54,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      DAMMIT! I fell $6K short of making a quarter million this year.

It's all Trump's fault.
      Lol, this fucking guy.
      That's not my investments. That's my salary and commissions for 2017. I have no idea how I'm going to pull that off for a 2nd year.
      I'm sure you'll keep us posted.
      Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      I figured that was your salary.

Last sentence was supposed to say "How long you been *holding that in?" As in...how long you been waiting to brag about your cowskin?
      Not long at all, he's the FreightTrain around here these days.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Are any of y'all CPAs? I need help with foreign earned income soon
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Lol, this fucking guy.

Eggzachary. Never let a good barg go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
            It's easy man. Just don't report it.

Comment

I think Pattymelt is a CPA.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                I think Pattymelt is a CPA.
                pattymelt and or his dad is. I contacted his father and may use him.
                I just was looking for someone who specialized in foreign earned income and foreign tax credits.

edit..
                Last edited by HarrisonTX; 01-02-2018, 09:57 PM.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I just was looking for someone who specialized in forging earned income and foreign tax credits.
                  Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Lol, this fucking guy.

Not long at all, he's the FreightTrain around here these days.
                    And I'll stay jealous until the market cools and he's selling tupperware door to door.

Then ill bring up lifetime earnings...total compensation... yadda yadda yadda...to make sure and really kick him while he's down.

People that typically brag about their income havent been making that much long.

Comment

DAMMIT! I fell $6K short of making a quarter million this year.

It's all Trump's fault.
                      First world problems. Ain't life tough?

One of these days you'll break out of the lower 5% of DFWM.

Comment

And I'll stay jealous until the market cools and he's selling tupperware door to door.

Then ill bring up lifetime earnings...total compensation... yadda yadda yadda...to make sure and really kick him while he's down.

People that typically brag about their income havent been making that much long.
                        dont be jealous, we think youre a douchebag too!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          dont be jealous, we think youre a douchebag too!
                          I'm not jealous about his douchebag status, I'm jealous of his income.

Comment

It wasn’t my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.

Comment

It wasn’t my best posting around here. I apologize for that bit of douchebaggery.
                              It's probably something you've worked hard for and wanted to share because you've finally accomplished a goal so no worries.

But that doesn't mean we can't be jealous...and You damn sure are going to hear about it when I pass your ass lol.

Comment

paging AnthonyS.... paging AnthonyS...

Comment

Working...
                                X