Who has AT&T Fiber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has AT&T Fiber?

Currently have Spectrum Cable for internet but called AT&T last night about upgrading my phone and the rep talked to me about AT&T Fiber. Honestly wasn't sure it was available in my area as I live out in the "hood" and I'm limited on options.

So they have 3 different options; 100MB, 300MB, and 1000MB with the top one not having a data cap. Honestly, that kinda puts me off with their 1TB data cap as I work from home and remote into the office and doa lot of audio and videio conferencing. But if I remember correctly, if I get their TV package as well it removes the data cap on the slower packages.

The rare outages I've had lately with Spectrum are becoming more frequent and at the worse time. Like usually in the morning when I'm starting my day working. And it's usually fixed by the afternoon but it's after I drove an hour into the office (late) to start working.

So anyone have this service? What do you like/hate about it?

You probably wont hit their data cap. Most routers have a bandwidth chart that shows you monthly usage, and I think spectrum has that built into their website you can check.

I have Frontier fiber. Its ok.

Comment

Hmm.. I'll have to check it out.

For price comparison, what speed do you have with Frontier and what does it cost yoU?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

For price comparison, what speed do you have with Frontier and what does it cost yoU?
        I have their 200/200mbit at my house for $72 and some change a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

I have 150/150, i think its $70 a month. I am going to check and see if I can get more.

Comment

A friend of mine in Midlothian just switched over the fiber and its pretty damn fast....I clocked his wifi at almost 300mbps down...compared to my 35mbps on Charter Spectrum (I have the most basic $14.99 service they offer). If I wanted speed and had multiple 4k TV's that were streaming constantly I would get it....but to be honest...I despise AT&T and would rather have NO service than deal with their bullshit.

Comment

Damn, you mofos have good shit, I'm still rolling on 15/5, lmfao!!!
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Most WiFi won’t support the speeds the gigabit svc provides. Several in our house have 200 and 300MB limits on the card. Orvweall, it is fast, but it is AT&T and they suck. I haven’t seen anything better...yet.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Best i can get is 50/10

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                    I have 150/150, i think its $70 a month. I am going to check and see if I can get more.
                    I'm 150/150 out here and i pay 64/mo, I was 43/mo for the first 12 months.

Comment

Not available in my area. And for the record, FUCK AT&T. They’re goddamn impossible to deal with. I wouldn’t switch even if it was available.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We have AT&T, and it's pretty good. We get issues once in a while, but overall I'm happy with it. We have the terabyte plan and depending on the device and time of day, 300 - 400 is normal.

BTW, I do work from home and VPN periodically. Also do Skype screen sharing and gotomeeting, usually without issue.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Chili; 03-12-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Didn't like it. Imo you'll be a lot happier staying with charter. I went back to them from att fiber after awhile. Seemed slower. I paid for the one that was closest to what I had with charter. Which iirc, was the 60mbps download, 5mbps upload. At that time. Not really sure what it is now.

The weird thing with charter is, for some reason it was always higher than what you were paying for. Or what they said you were going to be paying for. Maybe its some kind of feel good marketing tactic. But for example, now I pay for 60mbps download from charter. I've seen it hit 100mbps from time to time. Back when they still offered 30mbps, I'd sometimes see it hit 70mbps.
                          WH

Comment

Working...
                          X