10k diesel truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Sad truth right there. Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw one rolling down the road.
    they're all over the place down here, but they are seriously fucking junk...

they're like fox bodies or civics... they're the penultimate of the diesel ricer scene, so they just get fucking trashed. it doesn't help that the trucks are fucking junk and literally fall apart

I've had a bunch of them, but I always take care of my vehicles, so I started and finished with nice trucks for the most part.

But the prices on nice 12v's is fucking insane now. You can get ten times the truck with half the miles for the same price in a Ford.
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
      any pics or link to an ad?
      It's in West Columbia, TX, and we've just got it sitting at the shop pulling lunch run and local parts run duty at the moment.

We're shopping it to local farmers and such at the moment. No ad or pics. I have a few on my phone.

It's NOT a pretty truck. It's grandpa gold with faded paint on the roof with a white bed on it.

A buddy of mine actually has a gold bed that's two-tone w/ black on the bottom.

If the truck doesn't sell by pure walk-in/word of mouth here in a couple weeks, he said he'd swap me beds and do the R&R for next to nothing.

At that point, I'll take an eraser wheel and take the Florida snowbird edition graphics off the doors, hose the truck off, and put it on ebay for $6500.

I'll actually take less than $6k as it's currently got an open title. As soon as I put it in my name, price goes to $6k.

It's ugly as a fat girl's ass crack, the seats don't recline (the driver seat is in a comfortable position though!), the rear door latches are all fucked up, the paint is worn through to primer on the roof, and it's in West Columbia, TX.

If you're seriously interested in it after that sales pitch, I suppose I can take/text a few pics.

Comment

Lmao! Now that is an honest sales pitch.

Comment

I'm not trying to waste anybody's time... ESPECIALLY mine

but it's a solid fucking truck. I drove it home with the cruise set at 70 and the AC on frosty

Old man bought it in 03 with 24k miles on it and pulled his travel trailer with it. He maintained the mechanical stuff very well. 4wd works perfect, engine doesn't have blowby, transmission is great. Truck goes down the road straight, steers and stops perfect, etc.

I thought about keeping it just because it's such a solid truck that hasn't been all fucked over and mistreated. But motherfuck me it's ugly, and I'm a sucker for turning a profit

Comment

the huge leg-up that it has... at least around here... is that it only has 169k on it and not 369k like every other 7.3 on Craigslist

Comment

I like the grandpa gold its not that bad, and the mies would almost tollerate a fat girls ass crack.

almost...
              -Blaine

Comment

I'm marketing it as a work truck... we're just waiting for the right farmer to walk in the door with a high mile 7.3 that needs more work than the truck is worth and we'll just turn and point to the '01

We've got a couple guys interested through the grapevine. Just haven't made their way to the shop yet. Lots of farmers around here have three or four of these things and they just run them until they won't run any more.

I don't figure on having the truck anymore come the end of next month.

Comment

dude I can set you up.
                  I'm trying to move a 2005 (maybe 2004) Duramax. It's a short bed Crew Cab.
                  It's got the 5 speed allison, not the six speed. It's a gold color with a headache rack and a tool box. Black interior with the bose system.
                  I believe the milage is about 230k.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

There are a lot of nice diesels out there for $10k, just take your time looking
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I know where a 99 F250 is with 55k on the driveline.

Comment

I'm not well-versed with diesels, but damn that sounds like a deal, Forrest. Buyer could just slap a cheapo paint job on it if it's that ugly and there ya go.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                        X