GM TPI parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM TPI parts

I know this is a long shot considering how this is supposed to be a Ford forum but does anyone here have an aftermarket lower intake manifold from Excel, Lingenfelter, Edelbrock, or TPIS for a GM 350 with a tuned port intake?
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

^^^^^ Because my Callaway TT isn't fast enough.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

And it never will be with a TPI set up.

Comment

Callaway... LOL.
          Look on thirdgen.org. If not, hit up some of the f-body sites on FB. If not, call this place.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            And it never will be with a TPI set up.
            All I could get out of it is a 13.4 and I wanted a little bit quicker. I'm not really worried about squeezing every last horsepower out of it. It's top speed is pretty respectable. I just bought it because it was the fastest car you could buy the year I got my driver's license.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              All I could get out of it is a 13.4 and I wanted a little bit quicker. I'm not really worried about squeezing every last horsepower out of it. It's top speed is pretty respectable. I just bought it because it was the fastest car you could buy the year I got my driver's license.
              I understand, I just couldn't do it to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                I understand, I just couldn't do it to myself.
                Believe me I know what you mean, when I was haltech dealer I installed an E6 GM on a guy's f-body and tuned it for him. TPI Motors are tractor Motors. If I recall correctly this thing was making about 700 horsepower at 5200 RPM and a lot of boost. The torque Peak was somewhere in the 4000.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  TPI Motors are tractor Motors. If I recall correctly this thing was making about 700 horsepower at 5200 RPM and a lot of boost. The torque Peak was somewhere in the 4000.
                  When? Who was this?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    When? Who was this?

Probably 2000 or 2001. I don't remember the guys name, he was just a customer.

Edit: Judging by your response this was an unusual power number to get. To clarify this was a number achieved on an engine dyno and not a chassis dyno. I did the tuning at Johnson machine on Metric Drive street avenue whatever in Garland. I didn't know much about Chevrolet's back then so I consulted with a tuner that told me what they needed in the way of ignition timing under boost and the rest was easy to figure out.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 06-07-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

this 700hp on a chassis dyno? you work for a shop? If so, which one?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        this 700hp on a chassis dyno? you work for a shop? If so, which one?

I used to work at a ton of different shops. The last one I worked at before I quit the car business was rotary performance. The 700 was on a superflow Dyno, not a chassis dyno. I'm also going purely from memory but I recall this combination having over 800 pound feet of torque at some point in the power curve. I remember being very impressed.

I tuned a 383 small block Chevy once that had a carburetor and a plate Nitrous system that made barely over 390 horsepower that had close to 900 pound feet of torque at one point. Since I was used to tuning very small but High horsepower engines back then that number blew me away. This was on a Dynojet at Rotary performance. The engine I'm describing was installed in a C10 pickup truck that I believe ran in the tens if memory serves me correctly. It had a very loose torque converter so that may have affected the numbers that I got out of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X