Danny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny

I don't even know if you're on here anymore, and you have probably also already seen this but if you haven't...

Do you mean Denny?
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Do you mean Denny?
      No. Danny. 46tbird.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        Do you mean Denny?
        Denny likes them a little younger
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Danny's still around. I thought about letting him know about that same auction, but every time I tell Danny something that I think is news, he already knows.

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          Denny likes them a little younger
          Younger than a '58 Plymouth, or younger than Danny does?

The answer is yes.

Comment

that's pocket change for a baller like danny .

Comment

LOL, that thing has been discussed for years. It has one thing going for it, as the only documented car associated with the movie, but it was a promotional giveaway car by the studio and no evidence it was used on screen.

I think the bidding stopped at 275k or something which is still (IMO) insane money for what amounts to a stock Plymouth with a lukewarm "provenance."

There is a really weird semi-cult of people that build the Christine clones. They go absolutely nuts, to the point of restoring the cars to be as "movie accurate" as they can, with movie-specific colors, interiors, engines, etc. which were quite a bit different than stock. Every '58 Plymouth part is just about literally made of gold. The V in the grille? That's 800 bucks. The four bumper guards ("wings") at each corner are around $2k each. They're so expensive and difficult to build that there are dozens of half-baked "restos" languishing across the country.

Then there's this one which is driving everyone nuts because it's a stock '58 Plymouth with a 1000hp crate engine in it. And even being professional Mopar restoration experts, they weren't able to get all the parts and get it done in time for SEMA this year.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              ...but every time I tell Danny something that I think is news, he already knows.
              I already knew.
              Last edited by 46Tbird; 01-16-2020, 02:45 PM.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Of course you did!

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Younger than a '58 Plymouth, or younger than Danny does?

The answer is yes.
                  Yes lol
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

it's not just them . the car market has fallen so far that there is just very little money in it anymore . i'm holding off on the next build until the prices come back .

Comment

You guys might be aware that all of the Christine movie car 'scraps' ended up in a junkyard after filming. I bet that was pretty surreal to come across.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That picture made me ill. Like I choked on my hamburger.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          That picture made me ill. Like I choked on my hamburger.
                          Did the lights get really bright and some old music start playing in the radio?

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Working...
                            X