Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wasn’t planning on buying another truck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn’t planning on buying another truck...

But somehow, I did!

This truck has been owned by a gentleman in my parents neighborhood for as long as I can remember really. I drove by it yesterday and it had a for sale sign in the window. I figured I’d stop and check it out. Turns out the guy bought it new in 2000 and it has been his truck since then. It has 100k miles, v6, 5 speed, manual windows/locks, everything works. It has some dings and dents here and there, but is overall a really clean one owner truck that runs and drives really well. I got it for $2800, which I think is pretty damn good. Ordered some new carpet and new headlight lenses and other than that, it needed nothing.

It’s funny because I have a pulley and Tb in the box for the GT500, but I’ve spent the day cleaning this thing up instead, ha.
    2012 GT500

Those are great little trucks...and you got the best engine/tranny/body style (extended cab). Only thing that would make it better would be 4x4. Is that the 4 liter V6 or one of the earlier ones? My dad had an 85 with a transplanted EFI V6 from a later generation and it was a great little truck.

Comment

Iirc, the 6cyl in those is bad about popping the intake gasket. Nevertheless, those are decent mid-size pickups.

Comment

Damn, that's a great pick up (no pun). Hey did you ever post how much you paid the for the GT500?
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Nice find and nice price! Only thing that would make it better is if it was a 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Those are great little trucks...and you got the best engine/tranny/body style (extended cab). Only thing that would make it better would be 4x4. Is that the 4 liter V6 or one of the earlier ones? My dad had an 85 with a transplanted EFI V6 from a later generation and it was a great little truck.
            its the 3.0l. It does fine. I'm kind of happy it doesn't have 4x4 weight because it is already a dog. It is an in town truck for driving to work or to autozone so I'd never use 4x4 anyways.

It is a great little pickup. I've run all over town in it this week.
            2012 GT500

Comment

nice find

Comment

Working...
              X