Ran a cammed 93 cobra today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juicedgt View Post
    First off nick I love the car! Are the wheels black chrome? Secondly my coupe has ported gt40 y302's. They were ported on the exhaust when I got'em. I had them and the Gt-40 lower port matched in the intake to a felpro 1262. They also did a comp. Valve job. All that being said I could have bought a good pair of edelbrocks or afr's or whatever once I payed for all the work done to mine, but I didn't...lesson learned. I'm running an anderson b-31, 9-1 comp. My car made 275hp 330 tq at true street motorsports dyno day. I still haven't had it tuned it yet, but am planning to install a vortech in the near future with hopes of somewhere in the 420 wheel range. Just my .02 after reading ur posts i thought it might apply.

Corey
    Thanks. yes they are black chrome. my car put down 267 rwhp and 304 ft/lbs. i just bought an anderson b-25 cam for it to replace the e303 and be ready for boost down the line. i was thinking with port work on these heads, longtubes, bigger maf and throttle body, i could atleast put down 295. or run atleast a low 8 at the track if i ran it. for the price wayne is charging to do it... i see it as a deal. but like i said, we will see what happens. always room for improvement
    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne fontenot View Post
      just had a car tuned at gearheads... 302, gt40 heads, trick flow cam, cobra intake and vortech s trim... car made 470 hp.... it's all in the set up
      is that the black coupe with the aeromotive fuel system??

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
        oh im def. Not argueing. I take advice gladly
        Your heads are fine. If I was gonna spend money I'd buy a strim and be done. You can make more than enough to split that block with your stock heads.

Comment

is that the black coupe with the aeromotive fuel system??
          yes it is

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post

My favorite thing anyone ever said to me was when me and cobramam raced.

Right before the run he said:
            "last night I was watching YouTube videos of cobras vs 5.0s and the cobra won every time"

Right after the run:
            "I'm flabergasted on how good your car runs, wheres the nitrous"
            You have to remember- it was my first roll race. I was sitting in fourth and when don honked the 3rd time ( his honks sucked lol ) I would sloppily drop it into 2nd and start to pull from there. You guys were already two cars ahead before I even kept going. All things aside, your car runs crazy well and I'm ready to run from 20, 30, 40 etc. with my 4.56's. No dig though. I'm still working on launching with such a short 1st gear, thinking about just pre-reving it to 4k or so and dropping it in second or just getting some DR's. Waiting for this ice to melt..
            2012 GT500

Comment

Thanks. yes they are black chrome. my car put down 267 rwhp and 304 ft/lbs. i just bought an anderson b-25 cam for it to replace the e303 and be ready for boost down the line. i was thinking with port work on these heads, longtubes, bigger maf and throttle body, i could atleast put down 295. or run atleast a low 8 at the track if i ran it. for the price wayne is charging to do it... i see it as a deal. but like i said, we will see what happens. always room for improvement
              I'm running a 70mm tb, 75mm mass air, longtubes, etc... I'm hoping for 290ish after the tune. I've run a very traction limited 8.5 and a 13.3. I'm expecting some 12.9's on street tires if I can get it to hook. Also Im still running 3.08 gears so there's room for improvement.
              1972 F100
              428 CJ
              C6

"What ever is the hardest, takes the longest, and makes me the maddest...thats what i want to do."

Comment

• let me know how the car does when you tune it.

Comment

• K will do.
                  1972 F100
                  428 CJ
                  C6

"What ever is the hardest, takes the longest, and makes me the maddest...thats what i want to do."

Comment

• Some of you guys adding tags should be aware they are no longer anonymous.

..just sayin.

Comment

• what does that mean??

Comment

• It means he can see who posts the tags, duh!

Comment

• nice response... dont know much about forum stuff or what kind of tags hes talking about... figured if i was doing something wrong id fix it....

Comment

• No, the spinless turds who hide behind anonymous tags are no longer able to hide behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                              No, the spinless turds who hide behind anonymous tags are no longer able to hide behind them.
                              tag:brooksisslow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                                You have to remember- it was my first roll race. I was sitting in fourth and when don honked the 3rd time ( his honks sucked lol ) I would sloppily drop it into 2nd and start to pull from there. You guys were already two cars ahead before I even kept going.
                                glad you figured that out... first time it was brought up i remember posting "driver error" to which your reply was...

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                                There isn't much of a variable in 40 punches lol.
                                practice makes perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X