No announcement yet.

Destroying a Dodge Viper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Car Craft magazine stating virtually all the new cars they modded were destroyed after they were done , article published and the cars returned to the Manufacturer. Believe the 70 Hemi Cuda and one other car escaped the crusher.. Had to do with Liability possibilities if the vehicles were sold.
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

photoshop!

Comment

I made it to 5:18 fucking sad.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Destroyed Vipers don't make me sad.

But destroyed Turbine cars do.

(google em, it's a cool story)

Thanks

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Who ever did that was retarded... All you have to destroy is the part with the vin number on it.

With that said, there is always a "use" for cars like that. Maybe not for training, but to recruitment etc.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              When I was at Ford the training vehicles never had VIN's issued...not sure if that is still the case tho.
              Mazda and Isuzu were the same way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                Chrysler Rep was there to oversee it and make sure it went into the dumpster.

It's crazy but I remember Ford doing this too. It has something to do with the way that the vehicle is written off....if it's for training purposes, they get 100% tax credit on it, but then once they've gotten that 100% credit it also means that they cannot realize any further benefit from that vehicle....like parting it out, re-donating it, etc.

IIRC the difference on a demo (manufacturer not dealer) vehicle is that they only get tax relief on the depreciation amount from those vehicles, so they are still intended to be sold once they are demo complete...just cannot be at full value....and most of those do end up with wholesalers or recyclers.
                So maybe give it away and don't claim a tax credit? Or part it out so its not actually wasted? I couldnt be any part of that. Dosnt really matter if it was a viper or a Fiesta, i wouldnt be any part of destroying a perfectly good, practically new vehicle
                WH

Comment

Goggle the Cougar Ace.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                    Who ever did that was retarded... All you have to destroy is the part with the vin number on it.

With that said, there is always a "use" for cars like that. Maybe not for training, but to recruitment etc.
                    There are a bunch of parts with the VIN on them, including the frame/unibody.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That could have been saved! Chrysler crushes lots of cars, as well as donate some to training centers and tech schools. Unfortunately they crush cool ones too. I have owned a couple cars that were saved from the crusher by an engineer at the time. Also got to race a couple of his other rescued cars. He saved several, mostly Chrysler K cars like Omnis, Shelby Chargers etc and was road racing in SCCA. No title needed lol.

Also a guy in Euless knew the right people and somehow paid a donation and aquired an 88-89 CSX factory prepped road race car complete with cage and extra secret factory stuff. Almost got to buy it but he flaked out twice.

Miss this one. Good times. Shelby converted to Turismo specs (loosely). Traded for current crusher rescue.
                      Last edited by orphan Shelby; 02-09-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        So maybe give it away and don't claim a tax credit? Or part it out so its not actually wasted? I couldnt be any part of that. Dosnt really matter if it was a viper or a Fiesta, i wouldnt be any part of destroying a perfectly good, practically new vehicle
                        Something about the liability of a car that has been disassembled and reassembled buy students who knows how many times. Ive seen some crap at the ASSET program (00-01') parts missing or destroyed. If you were able to procure something like that you would be foolish to not blow it completely apart.

Comment

Working...
                        X