Wood fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood fence

So wood has come down a bit since COVID and I’m thinking about having a fence build and I’m getting $6-7500 quotes for 160ft. for a 6ft board on board. That sound right to y’all?
    .....bro....

Jesus. I did 60-70 feet when wood was just starting to get high for 450.00 or so. Is there a bunch of tear down? Metal posts? Most of my Cedar posts were still in good shape but I used 2x4s and 6 inch pickets. All drilled and screwed in, not nailed.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

None of that! And I built the same amount myself for almost that price too!!! Ever since I moved to Richardson people up the shit out of prices around here! They think EVERYONE has money!
      .....bro....

Comment

Two months ago I paid $9400.00 for 120 feet of 8 footer board on board with a cap and baseboard plus 8 foot tall gate/metal posts. Removal also of old fence with brick columns and new fence sealed. It looks like a Donald Trump border wall as it measures over 8ft just on fence not including cap.

#buildingacompound/f-neighbors
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
          Two months ago I paid $9400.00 for 120 feet of 8 footer board on board with a cap and baseboard plus 8 foot tall gate/metal posts. Removal also of old fence with brick columns and new fence sealed. It looks like a Donald Trump border wall as it measures over 8ft just on fence not including cap.

#buildingacompound/f-neighbors
          lmfao

Comment

Seems really high.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Seems really high.
              Got three quotes and that was about the ballpark cost.

I was shocked but my fence was about to fall down after I rednecked it up multiple times.
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                Seems really high.
                Nah, he said 6'.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

F that. That seems high as shit. I thought lumber was coming down now.
                  I’m glad I live on lots of land with no need for a fence, although I do have an area with livestock fencing but the previous owner had horses.

Comment

I would give them the money they want if Mexico was paying for it.
                    I’m also interested in installing a 35ft sliding gat with no motor for an addition 3500! I’m wondering if it’ll be cheaper next year or if I should just bite the bullet and get it done.
                    .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                      I would give them the money they want if Mexico was paying for it.
                      I’m also interested in installing a 35ft sliding gat with no motor for an addition 3500! I’m wondering if it’ll be cheaper next year or if I should just bite the bullet and get it done.
                      Who in the F needs a 35 foot gate? You bringing a tank in and out? Hell I bet that guy on here that bought the Tank doesn't even have a gate that big.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                        Nah, he said 6'.
                        Haha

Comment

So I went ahead and took this project on myself. Anyone around here ever build their own fence? Since I’m doing it myself I decided I to go taller and add an additional 2ft to my existing 6ft posts. I’ve completed the back side in the alley and now I’m working my way between the two houses. My rails are level as is everything else but my 8ft fence is getting shorter as I move down the line. I know the ground is uneven but is this normal?
                          .....bro....

Comment

Haha..who's helping you the guy in your Avatar?

Comment

Let's see some pictures of the finished fence.

Comment

Working...
                              X