Robo Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Yeah, it has been almost non stop at times here lately. I've probably got 100 or more numbers in my blocked call list. Everything from insurance to student loan relief.

I wish I could get that motherfucker Brandon on the phone and tell him to shove his life insurance up his ass.
    Lmk, i got a couple words for him too 😬😬

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
      I used nomorobo for a while, but I felt like I was reporting way more calls than it was blocking and finally got tired of paying to vet calls for them.
      I've tried truecaller in the past, but that was the shitty part with them too. When I want them blocked, I mean blocked. I don't want any notification about them, and I don't want them appearing as missed calls. Not anywhere. I want it to be as though they never called.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I've tried truecaller in the past, but that was the shitty part with them too. When I want them blocked, I mean blocked. I don't want any notification about them, and I don't want them appearing as missed calls. Not anywhere. I want it to be as though they never called.
        Thus the simplicity of the "Block this Caller" option on the iPhone, works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Thus the simplicity of the "Block this Caller" option on the iPhone, works every time.
          By God, you may have just sold me on the iPhone. When it's time for a new one, that may be the deciding factor.
          Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Call Protect helps some, as it shows spam, suspected spam, telemarketer, etc, but it does not shock collar them into a puddle like I would prefer.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
              By God, you may have just sold me on the iPhone. When it's time for a new one, that may be the deciding factor.
              Android offers it when you reject a call, hang up, or look at details from the call history...?

Comment

I got excited about the AT&T app till I saw it was like $4 a month... I don't feel like paying for what was ALWAYS FREE! I registered my number on donotcall.gov back in 05 and in the last year it is almost like that doesn't matter at all. These "companies" are still gonna call.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I've got both the hiya and the at&t blocker apps on my iphone and I get very, very few robocalls anymore. I used to get pestered daily by "Canadian online pharmacy" but not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                    That would work if they didn't have 10 million different numbers to call you from. And they use 'em all. There are people who don't have this problem, at least not to the extent that we do. The ol lady hardly gets any spam calls.

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    I got excited about the AT&T app till I saw it was like $4 a month... I don't feel like paying for what was ALWAYS FREE! I registered my number on donotcall.gov back in 05 and in the last year it is almost like that doesn't matter at all. These "companies" are still gonna call.
                    I think you're a decade out of date. If memory serves, you have to go back and update it from time to time. Can't remember... think it was every 2 years. Someone else will know. Even if not there's not telling what all they've done to that system in 14 years. I'd go back and update it just on that alone.
                    WH

Comment

They are sneaky bastards They said push number 2 to be taken off their call list. So I hit number 2. They don’t call anymore but I have gotten two calls from people I don’t know calling my number to tell me to quit calling them. So instead of calling me they spoofing my number to hassle others .

Comment

That would work if they didn't have 10 million different numbers to call you from. And they use 'em all. There are people who don't have this problem, at least not to the extent that we do. The ol lady hardly gets any spam calls.
                        Works fine for me, every time I get a variant of those numbers I simply don’t answer it and block it immediately. Probably get 4 or 5 max on a bad day which isn’t very often, or at least not like it used to be.

Comment

I answer every one of them and waste their time as much as possible
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I think you're a decade out of date. If memory serves, you have to go back and update it from time to time. Can't remember... think it was every 2 years. Someone else will know. Even if not there's not telling what all they've done to that system in 14 years. I'd go back and update it just on that alone.
                            I didn't see a way to do that, it just says I'm on the list.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              I didn't see a way to do that, it just says I'm on the list.

How long does my phone number stay registered?

Telephone numbers on the Registry don’t expire. We only remove your number when it’s disconnected and reassigned, unless you ask us to remove it.

Comment

Also never post your phone number in clear text on forum sites, craigslist ads, etc...

Bots screen scrape digits and then call you.

Comment

Working...
                                X