Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Another get together incident? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another get together incident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another get together incident?

A 20-year-old man is dead after falling out of a truck window and being driven over as it was spinning donuts in a Dallas parking lot overnight Saturday.

Man killed when driven over after falling off truck that was doing donuts in Dallas parking lot.

DALLAS - A 20-year-old man is dead after falling out of a truck window and being driven over as it was spinning donuts in a Dallas parking lot overnight Saturday.

This happened at what police describe as a "takeover event," and it comes on the brink of Dallas PD's plan to push for new laws against these types of activities.

Crystian Hernandez was sitting on the rear, passenger side window of a pickup truck, clinging to the vehicle as it performed donuts in a closed business parking lot off Newberry Street in Northwest Dallas.

But Hernandez fell off the vehicle, and died after being driven over by the truck.

The parking lot is still full of tire marks from vehicles performing burnouts. The driver of the truck, 28-year-old Edgar Moncada, stayed at the scene and was arrested for manslaughter.

Police call it a “takeover event,” with hundreds showing up sometimes. Many say it’s a growing concern across North Texas.

“They’re doing it all day, and tonight, if the weather is nice, they’ll probably be out at two or three different locations,” said Yolanda Williams, who is fighting to stop burnouts and street racing.

Williams has been sounding off about burnouts and street racing in Pleasant Grove, and says it’s difficult for police to arrest everybody.

“There are so many places you can duck and hide,” she explained.

Damn....I saw the video on Instagram....play stupid games pay stupid prices
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

It's ok, his skull broke the fall.

Comment

Haha, fucking window lickers. Hopefully he took himself out before he reproduced.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

This stuff is nothing new.

Fast and the Furious Dallas edition by Darwin.

Not sure I agree with the private property enforcement.
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

These idiots are hurting the car culture. Y'all heard about Cars and Coffee in Houston, right? These side events are getting out of control and killing it for everyone.

A red, lowered GMC Sierra stopped in the middle of a busy road to rip a fat burnout. Right behind it, a plum-colored Ford Mustang followed suit, thick plumes of tire smoke erupting from its rear tires. A white Hellcat attempted a drift across a busy intersection during ongoing traffic, nearly slamming into a…

Comment

video?

Comment

Is newberry the old street race spot off the 635 service road between Luna and 35?
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

these little cuh's be trippin'\
                  god bless
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Is newberry the old street race spot off the 635 service road between Luna and 35?
                    Yep. I've seen many bad wrecks there back in the day including a friend that waxed on a GSXR750 and has permanent severe injuries to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      Yep. I've seen many bad wrecks there back in the day including a friend that waxed on a GSXR750 and has permanent severe injuries to this day.
                      That’s where I first met “cooter” back in the 90’s he had a fairmont wagon that would bust some ass out there.. there was also a mail truck that was fast as shit.. I always liked the weird cars that would beat the mustangs/camaros etc
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        That’s where I first met “cooter” back in the 90’s he had a fairmont wagon that would bust some ass out there.. there was also a mail truck that was fast as shit.. I always liked the weird cars that would beat the mustangs/camaros etc
                        That post office jeep was crazy fast!! Not really sure what was crammed into it but I always heard rumors that it was a 460 with a bottle.

Comment

Why can't the street races just be the street races anymore? Everyone's gotta ruin everything.

I can't even begin to tally the countless hours I spent at the street races in my Fox body or, mainly, on a sport bike. We would spend the entire night bouncing from place to place in a somewhat orderly fashion. I'm sure many of you guys were there, too.

And yes, that mail truck was cool!

Comment

Any Post N Paddock alumni here?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              Why can't the street races just be the street races anymore? Everyone's gotta ruin everything.

I can't even begin to tally the countless hours I spent at the street races in my Fox body or, mainly, on a sport bike. We would spend the entire night bouncing from place to place in a somewhat orderly fashion. I'm sure many of you guys were there, too.

And yes, that mail truck was cool!
                              People died back then, too.

I honestly can't remember if I ever saw that mail truck in person or have just heard so much about it that I think I did.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              Any Post N Paddock alumni here?

Oh yeah. Regal Row, Northwest Highway, Cici's Lake Arlington, Diplomacy, and behind the Matlock Fry's Electronics as well. Tried to do the Miller Brewing thing once but we couldn't find anyone that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X