No announcement yet.

Another get together incident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember a night behind Frys/incredible universe two Mustangs were lined up ready to hit when a cop car came off of Matlock lights off trying to creep down the “track.” Maybe they saw the cop, maybe they didn’t. Anyways as soon as they launched the cop threw on his disco lights. The two racers went AROUND the cop towards Matlock and booked it, and everyone scrambled. Another cop also crept down towards the I20 service road exit to block people in. The car I was in was fortunate to get out, I don’t know how. What a night...

Does anyone else remember this?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I remember a night behind Frys/incredible universe two Mustangs were lined up ready to hit when a cop car came off of Matlock lights off trying to creep down the “track.” Maybe they saw the cop, maybe they didn’t. Anyways as soon as they launched the cop threw on his disco lights. The two racers went AROUND the cop towards Matlock and booked it, and everyone scrambled. Another cop also crept down towards the I20 service road exit to block people in. The car I was in was fortunate to get out, I don’t know how. What a night...

Does anyone else remember this?

That happened a couple of times back there. That place never lasted long. I had just lined up my SVO one night and was waiting for the other guy to get up there when headlights came over the crest in the distance. I was about to do a burn out but decided to wait to make sure it wasn't a cop. And it was a cop. lol He turned his lights on and pulled up beside me facing the wrong way and I simply drove off hoping he wouldn't follow me in the scatter. He didn't. Parked the SVO for the night and rolled back out in my 69 Charger. Lol good times.

Comment

We were out in front of the liquor store on NW Hwy on night when a black Fox stang spanked a green 67 Firebird. The guy in the Firebird decided to make a U-turn and come hauling ass back down, but there were 2 cars lined up to race in the west bound lanes. The Firebird couldn't stop and managed to swerve over into eastbound lanes but ran over two girls in the process. I think they only ended up with some broke bones. They were very lucky that night.

Shortly after that is when that drunk DJ(?) ran over someone and killed them at the same spot and pretty much ruined the street racing scene for a while.

Comment

IIRC soon after the Hastys incident cops shows up at Emerald with paddy wagons and arrested a few hundred people and (I think) was the start of racing becoming a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post

Shortly after that is when that drunk DJ(?) ran over someone and killed them at the same spot and pretty much ruined the street racing scene for a while.

That guy was leaving the Spirit Grille in Irving. Owners of the bar got sued, causing one of the partners to bail out of the bar business, and instituted a 2 drink limit at their other restaurant. I can't remember if they won or lost the lawsuit, but I could find out.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
              shit was awesome back then. total disregard for safety and common sense, and just being a dumbfuck kid.

lining up three wide before the curve on royal. that curve and shit tires. i was a fucking idiot back then. a girl someone was with got shot in the foot on royal one night if i remember correctly.

i was always partial to northwest hwy by the liquor store. nice long straight with plenty of room. regal row was a close second, but regal row and newberry were sketchy as fuck though. speaking of shootings, i also remember the white limo that homeboy popped up through the sunroof firing an ak in the air.

really only watched the faster cars at white swan.
              I may or may not have ran from the cops and gotten away from the liq store on my bike in summer of 99
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                We were out in front of the liquor store on NW Hwy on night when a black Fox stang spanked a green 67 Firebird. The guy in the Firebird decided to make a U-turn and come hauling ass back down, but there were 2 cars lined up to race in the west bound lanes. The Firebird couldn't stop and managed to swerve over into eastbound lanes but ran over two girls in the process. I think they only ended up with some broke bones. They were very lucky that night.

If that was in the early 90’s, I went to school with the firebird driver. I remember when that happened, luckily I wasn’t there.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                  If that was in the early 90’s, I went to school with the firebird driver. I remember when that happened, luckily I wasn’t there.

CN
                  It was about 1995-96.

Comment

Probably was it. He had a late 60’s model firebird that was a goldish green color. His name was Wade and lived off of park row in Arlington. Last time I drove by his house the car was still sitting in the carport. This was about 15 years ago.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                      My office is on Regal. There is still fresh rubber almost every week....

Same here. Our parking lot has fresh burnout and donut rubber all over it almost every Friday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                        Probably was it. He had a late 60’s model firebird that was a goldish green color. His name was Wade and lived off of park row in Arlington. Last time I drove by his house the car was still sitting in the carport. This was about 15 years ago.

CN
                        Wade has been gone for five years but the car is now owned by his friend Ryan. Currently getting repainted the same color and getting the Pro-Touring treatment. I assume the four wheel drum brakes are long gone as well.

Comment

I remember my Daddy telling me how Dallas Sheriff Decker in the 1950's would even go as far as to close off roads so the kids had a place to race. They were going to do it anyway, so he tried to come up with a safer place to do it I guess. Don't know the validity of that story. Down off Malloy Bridge Rd. in far SE Dallas County.

Comment

Spent a few nights down on railhead. After seeing a car race over and over then slam through a building and a truck just pull up behind it and yank it out. Then the huge holes in the concrete that flipped over a Celica, and then the final time a guy hit an 18wheeler trailer and it all got shut down for a while and I never went back.

Comment

I lived for awhile in Valley Ranch in Irving. My ex and I were heading into town and we were getting onto east bound 635 - there were no street lights (161 wasn't there yet) so it was dark as hell. I "may" have been exceeding the speed limit when I saw a dim light waving in front of me and slammed on the brakes. The dim light was a flashlight being used to stop cars, and there were two cars lined up on the on-ramp in front of me. I was lucky that I didn't hit them.

This was just as the cops were shutting down the racing on Newberry and people were finding other places to race. It was always fun watching the racing right on the 635 frontage road when I was driving by on 635.

Seems like it was around that time that I started hearing about racing happening in "Mexico"

Comment

Working...
                              X