Electric providers in Rowlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric providers in Rowlett

I'm about to move to Rowlett and I've never been in a city w/ choice of providers, so I'm lookin for opinions on the various options available.

Pershiate it,

Tx

Power to Choose is the official, unbiased, electric choice website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas, where all certified electric providers in the State of Texas are eligible to post their electric plans. On the Power to Choose website you can compare electric offers and choose the plan that's right for you.

Comment

Where at in Rowlett? I've been in Rowlett since 2003. Garland from 1977-2003.

Comment

I think Energy Ogre has been the consensus around here lately. I plan to try them out when I renew.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
          I think Energy Ogre has been the consensus around here lately. I plan to try them out when I renew.
          My last bill was $47
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Yeah, that's where I've been looking, but I was seeking opinions based on history with the providers themselves.
            Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
            Where at in Rowlett? I've been in Rowlett since 2003. Garland from 1977-2003.
            Dalrock and 66
            Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
            I'll have to look into them as I'm unfamiliar with em.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              Yeah, that's where I've been looking, but I was seeking opinions based on history with the providers themselves.

Dalrock and 66

I'll have to look into them as I'm unfamiliar with em.
              You can do a search on here or go to their website. EO is on a provider. They are a management company. For $10/mo, they will constantly shop rates based on your historical usage. Instead of long term contracts they do short term contracts, taking advantage of the constantly fluctuating rates. I saved more than enough in my first month with them to pay for the service for a full year. My bills are significantly lower than they were when I was managing it on my own signing long term contracts. I've been very pleased.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                You can do a search on here or go to their website. EO is on a provider. They are a management company. For $10/mo, they will constantly shop rates based on your historical usage. Instead of long term contracts they do short term contracts, taking advantage of the constantly fluctuating rates. I saved more than enough in my first month with them to pay for the service for a full year. My bills are significantly lower than they were when I was managing it on my own signing long term contracts. I've been very pleased.
                Interesting, since I have no info on the electric usage from this property, would it still be prudent to go w/them? Also, most rate plans I'm seeing are based of a guesstimate of how much you'll use 500kwh, 1000kwh, etc. Some ding you for not using the allotment, but none say if you get dinged for goin over, so how does all that work?

And thanks for the help.

Comment

Sup Bryan, I'm still at the same place in Rowlett.

I'm using Reliant, been happy with them - but EO looks like it is worth the time to look into.

Where Rowlett gets you is the water bill. I suggest getting on the Nextdoor app, there's threads on the water bill specifics, and general other good stuff to know about your neighborhood.
                  WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                    Sup Bryan, I'm still at the same place in Rowlett.

I'm using Reliant, been happy with them - but EO looks like it is worth the time to look into.

Where Rowlett gets you is the water bill. I suggest getting on the Nextdoor app, there's threads on the water bill specifics, and general other good stuff to know about your neighborhood.
                    Ty sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      My last bill was $47
                      My last bill was $42.46, so my PowerToChoose provider out-SVO's yours!

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        My last bill was $42.46, so my PowerToChoose provider out-SVO's yours!
                        What was your usage compared to his? He might have used twice what you did.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

538 kWh

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            538 kWh
                            7.8 cents per kWh, not bad.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

I typically opt for long-term contracts with the lowest rate, with no base customer charge and the same rate per kWh across all usage levels whenever possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X