Which member wrecked their Mustang? Off duty policeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    Bad deal....I still say it was a stretch to say it was street racing.
    Streetracing grabs attention and gets viewers..losing control and crashing not so much. All about the ratings.

Comment

The damage to the car didn’t appear to be that serious from the pictures I saw, but it may have just been the angle from where they were taken.

Comment

Looking at the way the windshield was buckled out on the drivers side. I think the car hit the tree with the drivers door and peeled the drivers fender and front bumper cover off. If that is the case it is likely the driver took a lot of the impact.

Comment

Mustangs never fare well in accidents. I’ve seen my fair share of Mustangs split in half.
          Last edited by Trip McNeely; 12-26-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I just saw on the news the mustang was brand new still had the paper tags

Comment

Probably never made it to cars and coffee.....

Comment

Driver died.

A Dallas cop has died two days after an apparent street-racing accident. Officer Joseph George died Christmas Eve from severe injuries sustained Sunday in an off-duty crash, reported Dallas TV stat…
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

That's my neighborhood and I can tell you that people haul ass down Mockingbird Lane all the time. In all likelihood the guy was going a little over 70 miles an hour. If I had to guess someone pulled out in front of him and he swerved to avoid them and wound up in a yard and then wrapped around a tree. Speeding is not street racing and attributing his demise to street racing is stupid.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Looks like he was thrown into the windshield from the pictures I saw the day it happened. He didn't go through it but you could see where his head and upper torso were lodged into the windshield. And like Cool Cat said, we are all being hypocritical if we say we haven't done it, I've done it, many times.
                    We never think about it, guy pulls up next to you and the next thing you know testosterone and adrenaline take over, sucks for that guy and we are all lucky that we haven't had something like that happen to us and it has happened to a few members here too.

RIP fellow Stang owner...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

taylor was not racing anyone either, but these things happen. life comes at you fast in a fast car.

i think about this nearly every time i make a hit now, or ride my bike.

Comment

Whether it was street racing, or driving way too fast- he was not wearing a seatbelt. That’s just plain stupid.

Comment

I know I am very blessed to be alive, even with how I drive today, which is much more sedate than years back. As mentioned, all it takes is something unplanned and immediate happening, and inertia/physics trumps driver skill every single time.

RIP fellow enthusiast.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                            Whether it was street racing, or driving way too fast- he was not wearing a seatbelt. That’s just plain stupid.
                            If that's the case, I'd assume that's a bad habit he picked up from his day job. Known a lot of cops over the years that couldn't stand seat belts because of all their gear and getting in and out constantly.

Comment

What is it with people wanting to play chicken with trees?

Comment

How would you like to know this guy or be his family member and have to read this stupid bullshit about him street racing, made up so Fox4 can get a few more clicks?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X