lung cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    first and foremost the battle with cancer is personal . he will come to grips with it in his own way . it's all he can do . i had plenty of support but still had to accept it on my own . i can tell you we are dying , just dont know when . after that you decide to fight . you dont have to go through the 5 steps. he just needs to pork up ahead of it if possible .
    it's a horrible damn disease but you can fight it to a draw . i'm determined to get my godson to manhood so i fight. he'll come through this but i would be prepared for the surgery to remove the lobe. it's not as bad as it seems.
    good luck with the fight . if i can help in any way i'm just a message away .
    At the moment for whatever reason I am not sure when we had the conference call with the oncologist he said surgery is off of the table..don't know if that's permanent or just for the present time.

Comment

they may want to shrink it first. they usually dont do surgery if it is small cell carcinoma .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        they may want to shrink it first. they usually dont do surgery if it is small cell carcinoma .
        Just talked to my sister who is the one who spoke directly with the doctor. He said the mass is too large for surgery..it would be his entire left lung apparently. There was also some mention of it possibly being in his bones.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he quit smoking now and if any of y’all smoke then learn from his misfortune and not your own.
          Another thing...he had an MI in March and then was diagnosed with a large lung malignancy 6mos later? I bet that tumor was visible on the chest X-rays they did in March. I’d look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he quit smoking now and if any of y’all smoke then learn from his misfortune and not your own.
            Another thing...he had an MI in March and then was diagnosed with a large lung malignancy 6mos later? I bet that tumor was visible on the chest X-rays they did in March. I’d look into that.
            I've been thinking the same thing for a while. He went to Charleton Methodist in Duncanville for the heart attack..which I am not a fan of..but for some reason is hell bent on Methodist hospital. My sister worked for Baylor and convinced him to use Baylor for treatment of this situation. At this point what can we do? He won't pursue it.

Comment

make sure you get a copy of everything . i have a disc and report from every scan . if you do not understand them insist the doctor explain it to you until you do. take notes . we had a list of questions before every meeting . i've had the same doc for 35 years so he lays everything out on the table. my surgeon was the same way .
              from undetectable to too large for surgery in 6 months it must be a very aggressive cancer or possibly small cell . it took a year for mine to go from 1.5 cm to 2.2 cm . get copies so you can research it and know exactly what your dealing with .

Comment

Damn man. I hope and pray for good news and outcome on this. I quite smoking cold turkey almost 5 years ago after my heart attack, I hope your dad does as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Damn man. I hope and pray for good news and outcome on this. I quite smoking cold turkey almost 5 years ago after my heart attack, I hope your dad does as well.
                  It is small cell. The doctor told my sister yesterday that they suspect he has had several mini strokes which may account for the very noticeable loss of memory over the last couple of years, and also told her that they did find a few small tumors along his jawline. After me riding his ass for the last 2 years about smoking I think he has finally quit as I have not seen or smelled cigarette smoke at his house or on him since about September...but the damage is done and it wouldn't surprise me if he starts up again.

Comment

That's rough, man. Good luck with everything.

My paternal grandfather died from lung cancer and emphysema when I was a teenager. He had smoked for around 30 years and quit cold turkey one day, and then was seemingly healthy as a horse for almost 10 years before he was diagnosed. He had a strong heart and was in great shape otherwise, which actually made the process pretty drawn out and ugly to the end. That was over 25 years ago, and I know medicine is much further along these days, so there's that.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Fuck cancer.

Comment

joe tipen had small cell carcinoma that had spread literally everywhere . it is an interesting read . his protocol is harmless but it does work with some people . the reason i do it is i know of several people here in erath county who are cancer free now . i do not know anyone successful with chemo .
                      best of luck .

Comment

I have a low dose CT done annually to screen for lung cancer, which if found will hopefully be caught early. Used to be a smoker but finally quit cold turkey 20 years ago.

Comment

quit in 92 but 50 years of painting cars and auto work caught up with me . plus genetics . there are no symptoms until it is too late , same with most cancers .

Comment

Update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              Update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              He did several rounds of radiation and Chemo and it appears it has shrunk and is not currently active and no new spots have been found. He continues weekly with Infusions thru his port and has NO ENERGY..barely leaves the house..but he is still with us. His memory is beyond terrible...he calls it Chemo brain..but me and my sister are thinking it is something else (family history). I have breakfast with him every Saturday morning and try to help/motivate him.

Comment

Chemo brain is real. My wife had problems with her memory when she went through chemo.

Comment

Working...
                                X