Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    This is basically where I'm at. The heave weights that I worked up to always left my shoulders sore for most of the week. This was after making adjustments like tucking elbows in, switching to dumbbells, etc.

Now, the older I get, I'm noticing much older people and how a lot of them are over weight, aren't very mobile, can't stand straight, can't put on a pair of pants, etc. My focus seems to have made a shift towards more cardio, stretching and basically maintaining a decent physic rather than going for Mr. Oplymia so that hopefully I can wipe my own butt when I'm 70.
    Same!

Started BSing with this guy at 24 in Mansfield one night. I used the old line, I am too old for this shit. He laughed and said he use to think that also. However all of his friends that quit going to the gym have died. I asked how old he was and he stated like 57 or 62 or something. Big ole dude and I would have guessed late 40's. Most people that guess think I am late 30's to early 40's, but I am late 40's. I stop people in my age bracket all the time and think, fuck you look old. Drugs or weight are two biggest contributors to that usually.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• It’s very satisfying being able to talk shit, lift and keep up with those dingleberries more than half my age.

Comment

• Finally for a first in my life.
        flat bench 225lbs for 5 sets of 5

Hit a lot if other personal goals in the gym too this last month.

But I dropped a 35lb plate straight down like a guillotine on my big toe knuckle from waist high. Busted it real good. Totally fucked my leg days and set my cardio plans back a few more weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• My wife got a fancy new scale that does a body fat reading and a bunch of other stuff. Normally my "summer shape" is what I would estimate as 11-12% based on the mirror test, and I gain maybe 5-6 lbs over the holidays (oct to jan).

This scale is saying high 15% now, but its given me a new challenge. I want to see it dip into the single digits for the first time in a very long time. That means instead of losing 5lbs in 3-4 months...I'm going to drop 12-14 lbs depending on my loss composition. Which puts me in the low 180s. It's amazing what a little digital readout can do in terms of pushing me to go somewhere I havent been on years...let's see if it works.

The first 2 months will be the bulk of loss at about 1-1.5 lbs per week. Itll be a relatively slow loss so I can preserve lean muscle mass.

I'm going to experiment with a much different workout plan that works muscle groups more frequently to preserve mass. I typically do a major workout for each muscle group only once a week, now I will do a heavy workout per group once, with 2 days of low weight high reps spread out through the week.

No alcohol at all in January and limited consumption in Feb. March will be just a few lbs to polish off the goal...but itll likely be the toughest.

Comment

• Down about 0.5% body fat in a week while skeletal muscle went up a little (as a function if body weight). I think the loss in body fat is pretty accurate but doubt I gained muscle.

Regardless, I'm losing fat and not lean mass so I'm happy

Comment

• Another 0.5% down and I'm almost back in the 180s. Just over 1% down for the month.

Comment

• Well I’m 230-240 these days depending on what I’m doing. Still chasing that 405# flat bench. Chasing 405#+ squat and fixing my deadlift mechanics before I start to lift over 550 again. Just need to keep doing my thing and be consistent. Almost at the 7 year mark since my fatass started this all and the main thing is I’m keeping it off still. That’s a feat within itself.
                2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                  Well I’m 230-240 these days depending on what I’m doing. Still chasing that 405# flat bench. Chasing 405#+ squat and fixing my deadlift mechanics before I start to lift over 550 again. Just need to keep doing my thing and be consistent. Almost at the 7 year mark since my fatass started this all and the main thing is I’m keeping it off still. That’s a feat within itself.
                  I never know what people mean on that - are you chasing that for 1 rep max? Or reps? Just curious I guess.

I rep 225 right now, and my end goal is I want to be able to do 315lbs for 10 reps on flat bench. I want to look cool with 6 plates on there. Figger you gotta be pretty strong if you can do 315 for 10 reps.

Been doing other things but I just started back up with squats again yesterday. My legs are rubbery. And don't want to walk when I want them to walk.
                  WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    I never know what people mean on that - are you chasing that for 1 rep max? Or reps? Just curious I guess.

I rep 225 right now, and my end goal is I want to be able to do 315lbs for 10 reps on flat bench. I want to look cool with 6 plates on there. Figger you gotta be pretty strong if you can do 315 for 10 reps.

Been doing other things but I just started back up with squats again yesterday. My legs are rubbery. And don't want to walk when I want them to walk.
                    Main thing is get it up for 1 and then start attempting for reps. 315 was my goal for a long time and now I can get 6-7 without a spot. Slowly increasing on reps as time goes on. Just personal records is what I go for so I can continue to move forward.
                    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• 217 this morning.
                      Last edited by SS Junk; 11-21-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• I have been able to keep myself going to the gym no more then a month since high school. This year has been the year I broke 3 month straight of working out. I need to make a start to go during lunch time. Being a new parent makes it hard to go. I make it a point to make no excuses ...the routine is making it feel less motivated to go. Planer fitness does not have much variety. That is where I say to myself no excuses.

Comment

• I had been going hard upto my last r&r mid March. Doing 2 a days most days. in 28 days in February, I had 42 gym sessions. Weights at lunch then cardio/core at night.

Went home at about 172 and straight to Cancun with my family...and still went to the gym there too.

I've got some cleanup to do before my next R&R, either Cancun again or a cruise. But I want to put on a little more size and cut more from my midsection. If only I could find a reliable source for Anavar/Oxandrolone

Comment

• dude, why such a massive picture...think we gay or somethin'?

jk, good work. I can't seem to get it together and slowly gaining the 20lbs I lost 2yrs ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              dude, why such a massive picture...think we gay or somethin'?

jk, good work. I can't seem to get it together and slowly gaining the 20lbs I lost 2yrs ago.
                              All I have to view this site is my phone. So all pictures are the same size to me. Sorry for the gay.

If it's any conciliation I am having a hell of a time getting back into my diet. Been back here 2 weeks and my body just hasn't adjusted to the time change well still.

Comment

• Still a beast Keith

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                                X