Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that live out in the country...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback fellas. I've made some adjustments but still have a few more to make. I added LED motion lights to both rear corners of the house. I still have to add two more to the front. I also went with 00 buckshot since it was readily available on the store shelf. Removed the plug so now the Mossberg holds 6 rounds and I bought a side saddle to hold an additional 7 rounds. This will be he wife's go to gun so she'll be getting a lot more practice with it. The top nightstand drawer has been cleared out so there's no other crap in there to get in my way should I need to grab it quickly and the safe will be moved to our room.

Thanks for the tips Jose. I'll be picking up a light that will only be used for bump in the night stuff. Hopefully I'll have the camera system installed and two more motion lights this weekend.

So where's some good places to train? GE, are you saying the place y'all go to is already booked for 2019?
    Sounds like a solid plan. As far as training, GE meant that I've already signed up for (or planning to) a few classes already this year. Unfortunately most of them are not in the DFW area. I'll send you a message later on with a list of some you might be interested in.

Comment

TLDR... In before SVOautoerotica gets in here with his country stories involving two hookers, a dominatrix, a midget and a goat!

Comment

I live out in the sticks. You need to shoot your gun more on your property. We shoot so much someone would have to be really fucked in the head to come over here unannounced. I also don't have any neighbors so there's also that. Maybe it was kids naynayknocking? Do you have any neighbors with kids?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
          You need to shoot your gun more on your property. We shoot so much someone would have to be really fucked in the head to come over here unannounced.
          If you're out of the city limits, this isn't a bad thing. Set up some pistol targets if you have a backstop of some sort or natural barrier. There's a benefit to everyone thinking you're the craziest motherfucker in the area. Random shots at all hours of the night don't hurt either. It worked for us for years. My dad's reputation still stands years after his passing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              TLDR... In before SVOautoerotica gets in here with his country stories involving two hookers, a dominatrix, a midget and a goat!
              Sheep, not goats. Goats are ugly.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I’ve got a Lorex 4K, 16 channel camera system with a 9 TB NVR using POE (power over Ethernet) wiring. Two different styles of cameras but all have the best night vision capabilities I could find. Remote viewing is awesome and very high clarity. Power over ethernet is definitely the way to go in my opinion.

David

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  Fenix makes a good light w pressure switch support, the uc35/pd35 should fit the bill and it's relatively cheap for a 1k lumen light. I have a uc30 for my hunting gear and wouldn't go into the woods without it. The UC/PD 35 come with a rear switch and belt clip, which i didn't realize until i got my 30. Don't miss those features a ton, but the belt clip would be nice.

edit: here's the link w/ pressure switch and mount. i'm gonna go ahead and pick one up for one of my rifles.

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Weap...qid=1547236664
                  I have a UC35 and really like it.

Comment

If you're not sleeping tacticool, are you even really sleeping?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      Sheep, not goats. Goats are ugly.
                      Plus, the sheep's soft wool are so much softer on your groin than the goat's wiry, stiff hair.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        Plus, the sheep's soft wool are so much softer on your groin than the goat's wiry, stiff hair.
                        You know why you take them to the edge of a cliff to fuck em?

So they push back.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                          I have a UC35 and really like it.
                          I've purchased 5 since I found out about them, 2 for myself and 3 as gifts for hunting buddies. A good light makes all the difference in the woods after dark

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                            All of this. I have a G17 in my nightstand with a good flashlight (with strobe) next to it. The gun has night sights too. If I hear bump in the night, I'm coming at you with it in my undies. I will not take the time to dress, put on shoes, load a gun, etc. There is an M500 with tactical setup with a full tube of defense loads in the cabinet by the bed. The wife gets it when I leave and heads to the kids.
                            I have cleared my house, numerous times, in nothing but my underwear and my XDS. If you are trying to catch/stop someone, time is of the essence. Don't go to the safe for a back up weapon, grab your loaded pistol, and start clearing the house.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Although I have brighter and more expensive flashlights, I always find myself using my Surefire G2X or 6PX Pro. They are fairly cheap at around $50 or so depending on which one you get (the G2X is the cheaper, lighter one) and they were recently upgraded from 320 Lumens to 600. Plenty bright enough for me to see things across my yard and I live on 4 acres. I have both version and although the 600 lumen would be my go to, the 320 lumen version is "serviceable".

And just an idea what I paid for it although out of stock.

Arms Unlimited; the gold standard in law enforcement supply. Offering the best deals on firearms AR15 rifles, ammunition, accessories, optics, body armor, and tactical gear.

Comment

G2X tacticool is what I have, best flashlight I've ever owned.
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X