No announcement yet.

Insurance/Accident Advice - Lawyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason you see more people backing is the size of trucks. They just keep getting bigger. My latest truck is like a yacht. I don't back in but it would be a hell of a lot easier.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Another reason I back in a lot -- backup cameras with the guiding lines, especially the ones that curve with the position of your wheel. If they put that on a heads-up display in the front of the truck with the guiding lines, I would be more inclined to go in forward. The newer F150s even show a "top down" camera so you would have seen the other car in your backup camera.
      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

why all the hate over backing in? if you've ever driven a truck then you know how much easier it is to park, if pulling through is not an option. When i lived in Oregon you almost had to because the parking lots aren't designed for big trucks like they are down in Tx. The only time i don't try to back in is when i'm at the home center and need to load stuff into the bed.

also if this happened in a parking lot then "lanes" are a moot point IMO. traffic laws aren't enforceable in parking lots and as such i have a hard time believing "departing your lane" would be a valid excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          also if this happened in a parking lot then "lanes" are a moot point IMO. traffic laws aren't enforceable in parking lots and as such i have a hard time believing "departing your lane" would be a valid excuse.
          This is true, most municipalities in Texas won't come to a parking lot crash unless someone is hurt. And he didn't post that the law dogs came, but they both called their/others insurance companies and thats how they came to the conclusion on how to pay out the claims.
          Sucks, but most crashes are caused by inattention, lack of patience and no common sense...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            why all the hate over backing in? if you've ever driven a truck then you know how much easier it is to park, if pulling through is not an option. When i lived in Oregon you almost had to because the parking lots aren't designed for big trucks like they are down in Tx. The only time i don't try to back in is when i'm at the home center and need to load stuff into the bed.

This. I drive a supercrew 6.5' bed F150 and I back into EVERY SINGLE parking space, though I typically park at the very back of the parking lot where I can pull though and not worry about door dings. 96,000 miles and not one single door ding yet.

I figure people can either wait for me to back in or wait for me to back out. I'd much rather back in because it's just easier to get in the space doing a 3 point turn and coming out is easier too. But I also watch for these dumb MF'ers that want to speed around before I start backing in.

Comment

When I drove a F350 Crew long bed 4x4, I hated driving anywhere I had to park, especially if the parking lot was busy. Bastard took up two spots easy.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
              X