Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    That might make it too convenient, though...
    Man I bought a water rower tonight from busy body. Holy shit that thing is nice. I use the concept 2 at the gym and in that environment they are fine but kind of loud and very non aesthetic for the house. I kid you not if you close your eyes it sounds like you are rowing a boat. I am assembling now and report back on watching TV with it. Plus it stands up in a corner and looks like a piece of art. My cardio is lacking at the house and I think I will enjoy walking into the gym and just lifting. I may do a little warm up but not near as much time as before.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Man I bought a water rower tonight from busy body. Holy shit that thing is nice.
      I know what I paid for a Concept 2... out of curiosity, what did the Water Rower run you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        I know what I paid for a Concept 2... out of curiosity, what did the Water Rower run you?
        Like 1150 OTD, I know you can get the C2 for like 900 on Amazon so it is a little more. Yes you can watch TV while rowing along this thing it is freakishly quiet, just the water splashing. Took longer to put water in it than it did to build, about 30 minutes. We will see how it holds up. He said if you can get a prescription from your doctor for exercise they can write off the tax.
        Last edited by kingjason; 01-17-2018, 03:16 AM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Weighed yesterday and was back at 239.00, my before holidays weight where I got to 246. I do low carb and just kept screwing it off last year but not this year. Every time I eat bad I think back on it and it is never worth it. I mean hell there is nothing I can't get in low carb now days so if I am craving it, I am just going to make it. Lowcarbbreadcompany even takes the pain out of breads and such. Seriously, no violations until I am at 220! I told my wife Mexican once a month but not even going to do that. She DGAF either as she really prefers eating at the house anyways. I think I need a rowing machine and stationary bike so I don't have to drive to the gym unless I am lifting.
          One of the biggest benefits of the keto diet for me, is the fact that you pretty much can't cheat, or you drop out of ketosis. Where I really go off the rails is sugar and carbs, so having to stay away completely helps a ton. I have yet to kind a keto-friendly food of any kind that I want to eat a lot of. I still don't consider it a lifetime dietary change, and I'm not fan boi, but I'll keep at it for a few months and see where it leads.

I fluffed back up to 229lbs over Christmas "break," and after 2 weeks of keto starting on 1/1, I'm already back down to 222lbs as of the 15th. My only goal these days is to get healthier, trim off the love handles, and be a good example for my son. I'll keep lifting heavy, but the needle will settle wherever it settles.

Comment

• I will not do keto forever. I want to enjoy pizza or a burger or sub sammich with a bun every now and again. Just won't go over the top or eat them as frequently.
            This is probably the easiest way I've ever lost weight. Never feel hungry and can have deserts like this guilt free:

Keto key lime pie with an almond crust. Also have "fat bombs" which are chocolate balls with coconut.

Comment

• Lowcarbbread company has buns, bread, pretzels, pasta. All fairly decent, not sure what keto is like but I know it is very similar to low carb. They even have pizza crust. I just eat all the toppings. Cook up sausage, pepperoni, ham etc, throw in a little pizza sauce, and cover with mozzarella, then bake until the cheese melts. Delicious. Marcos pizza in Waxahachie sells a pizza bake that is similar. Or my wife interlaces bacon, cooks it on a little rack and then when crisp adds all the toppings. Also very good.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• It's virtually no carb to keep the body in check to burn fat instead of glucose. I think the most one should have is around 10 or 20 carbs a day IIRC. What sucks about this is my son is a Type 1 and sometimes forgets and ends up extremely low because he bolused for his usual carb intake.

Comment

It's virtually no carb to keep the body in check to burn fat instead of glucose. I think the most one should have is around 10 or 20 carbs a day IIRC. What sucks about this is my son is a Type 1 and sometimes forgets and ends up extremely low because he bolused for his usual carb intake.
                  Sounds like Atkins induction. New day new name I guess. I love it though, everyone jumps on the bandwagon and new products come out I can use.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Sort of, but from what I've seen keto is far less of a hassle than Atkins. And keto is virtually no carb instead of low carb. I've never done Atkins so don't know all the details, but I guess Atkins also has "phases" you go through where keto there are no phases. You have to stay with the eating regimen in order to see results. Cheat days can prolong weight loss dramatically. Pick your poison, I reckon, but this has been the easiest way for me to stay on a plan. Not only that, but really haven't lost any strength at the gym, either, which is a yuuuuge plus. The first week was a bitch, and even a few months after there were adjustments to get used to, but now I'm back to lifting what I was when I was 30lbs heavier.

Comment

Sort of, but from what I've seen keto is far less of a hassle than Atkins. And keto is virtually no carb instead of low carb. I've never done Atkins so don't know all the details, but I guess Atkins also has "phases" you go through where keto there are no phases. You have to stay with the eating regimen in order to see results. Cheat days can prolong weight loss dramatically. Pick your poison, I reckon, but this has been the easiest way for me to stay on a plan. Not only that, but really haven't lost any strength at the gym, either, which is a yuuuuge plus. The first week was a bitch, and even a few months after there were adjustments to get used to, but now I'm back to lifting what I was when I was 30lbs heavier.
                      Atkins is 20 or below in induction, which is where I stay if I am being good all the time. Then you slide up a few if you want but stay low to get your achieved weight. Once you achieve what you are going for you add carbs back until you neutralize, just depends on the person. You stick with that number and maintain your weight. It sounds exactly the same. Hell there is even a Keto subsection on the low carb board I am on that which use to be pretty much Atkins only. I don't read unless I have too but I actually read the three Atkins books years ago. He actually did his own studies with real folks and pictures to prove his theories. The medical ramifications were pretty spectacular also. My dad was a 15 year high cholesterol guy and BP. He got on low carb years back and is off all his meds now.

I only lose strength at the gym when I don't go!

Edit. LOL, Eaisier my foot. Mine is eat meat, and anything green vegetable wise. Keto looks like I would have to start figuring in the fat content. Hey whatever works though. They do look similar in principle. Not sure when they added the tinker phase to Atkins.

Low-carb diets are nothing new. Science has shown that eating too many carbohydrates, particularly simple and refined ones, is one of the leading causes of excessive weight gain.(1)(2) Two of the most popular low-carb diets

You know what is funny. In his book, he talks about some people that have difficulty getting into Ketosis in induction. He made them eat high fat for a week, not much protein. So Keto should work for sure.
                      Last edited by kingjason; 01-20-2018, 10:55 AM.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Yeah protein/fat tweaking can be required.

Comment

• 35 days and no cheating yet. Haterz everwhere have tried to tempt me but I am holding strong. Pulled 5600 meters in 30 minutes the other night. I try and use it on my off days for 10 to 30 minutes. First few 30 minute sessions I felt it the next day for sure. I had been wearing it out at the gym but short intervals over the last couple of years but never over 15 minutes. I just watch TV and row away.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Everyone still hanging in there?

Been on keto diet for past 45 days. Kept my normal gym routine which leaves out formal cardio. But my weight and core workouts are heart beat raisers for sure.

My strength has been climbing minus my chest due to shoulder issues since November but I feel it is almost healed up. Heck the other day on standing overhead press (5x95lb, 5x105lb, 3x115lb, 10x120lb, 10x120lb, 3x125lb, 3x130lb, 3x135lb, 2x145lb, 15x105lb, 20x185lb, 18x185lb). I was only supposed to top out at 120lb but felt too good to not push myself to see where I could take it. I probably could have popped up 155lb but felt 145lb was enough.

I think I have 60 days to R&R left. My abs are showing even relaxed standing up. Serrations between chest and lats are showing a little but very pronounced with tightening up my core. If I can get rid of about 7-10 pounds more of body fat my mid section will be superb. You can see the outlines of the abdominals and even the separation between abs and obliques. I will finally, at 42 years old have a defined six pack with some size on me!!
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Very nice.

Welllllll...... you see, I have been avoiding the gym. I am just waiting until flu season dies down. You know there is always those assholes that want to go sweat it out. However, I have only had one cheat weekend from low carb so the clothes are fitting well. My workout has been just staying busy mostly. Oh and I still row on occasion but not consistently. It is funny that no matter how many times I go to the gym, do cardio, whatever, remodel a bathroom and see if you don't hurt everyday after working on it.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Very nice.

Welllllll...... you see, I have been avoiding the gym. I am just waiting until flu season dies down. You know there is always those assholes that want to go sweat it out. However, I have only had one cheat weekend from low carb so the clothes are fitting well. My workout has been just staying busy mostly. Oh and I still row on occasion but not consistently. It is funny that no matter how many times I go to the gym, do cardio, whatever, remodel a bathroom and see if you don't hurt everyday after working on it.
                                Thanks. I am lucky. No flu in sub sahara. Only malaria but I take meds for that....meds that fuck up my eyesight and are HELL on my liver, which makes burning fat for fuel even harder.

My diet has been hard as fuck to stick to but I am holding down. Hard to eat 85% fat, 10% protein, 5% carb. I usually end up more like 75/20/5. But I test every piss and can see when I am slipping out of ketosis. My fat bomb of choice is 3oz of cream cheese and a handful of almonds.

I am in the capital city right now and stumbled on a fucking fantastic gym. Costs me equivalant of $6usd but worth it a couple times a week. I go back and forth between the african native gym with TONS of USA equipment or a spartan Air Force gym on the base here. The African one is BETTER.
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X