No announcement yet.

Ant-Man test reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have to run into bumps at some point in the road. They will plug someone in and move right along i think. Look at what Marvel has done so far, do not think they are in trouble at all

Comment

Losing the Director after an 8 year pre-production process is more than a "bump."

Comment

I must not have been paying attention, because I had no idea Michael Douglas was going to be the main character. That's awesome.

While Marvel Studios still has Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers: Age of Ultron still to be released before they are done with Phase Two, it won't be long until they are ready to kick off Phase Three with Ant-Man. While some drama exploded a few months ago when writer/director Edgar Wright and the studio went separate ways over creative differences, the project is now back on track and set to begin filming soon. Before that happens, however, the filmmakers and stars behind the movie will be heading to San Diego Comic-Con for the huge Marvel panel, and to celebrate the event we have the brand new poster that you see above.

We've had a good idea of what the Ant-Man costume would look like ever since San Diego Comic-Con 2012 when Edgar Wright revealed some test footage to the audience in Hall H, but now Entertainment Weekly has shown off the official artwork that you see above. Drawn by Andy Park, an artist who works as part of Marvel’s visual development department, the piece is not only an artistic representation of the Ant-Man costume and his shrinking powers, but even features cool illustrations of both Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, the movie's stars.

Based on a script written by Anchorman's Adam McKay and directed by Peyton Reed, Ant-Man brings to life two different versions of the classic titular comic book character. Michael Douglas stars as Dr. Hank Pym, a scientist and discoverer of Pym Particles - the substance that let's him shrink down to the size of an insect. Paul Rudd, meanwhile, starts as Scott Lang, a thief who winds up stealing the Ant-Man costume so that he can try and help his dying daughter. While we don't know who they will be playing, also set to be featured in the movie are Patrick Wilson, Corey Stoll, Evageline Lilly, Matt Gerald and Michael Pena.

Now that Marvel Studios has found a new director to make the movie, Ant-Man is getting ready to roll into production next month, and will be one of the projects that Marvel Studios brings onto the stage in Hall H - but far from the only one. In addition to both Peyton Reed's movie and Joss Whedon's massive The Avengers: Age of Ultron, there has also been rumors that Marvel is getting set to announce titles for all of the untitled projects that have been announced but remain total mysteries character/plot-wise. No matter what, we expect a lot of huge Marvel news to emerge this week, so be sure to stay tuned.

What do you think of the Ant-Man costume design? Do you think it looks cool, or did you expect it to look different? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

While Marvel Studios still has Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers: Age of Ultron still to be released before they are done with Phase Two, it won't be long until they are ready to kick off Phase

Comment

Whoever wrote that article sucks dicks for Jesus.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Paul Rudd sucks,this movie sucks.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              I must not have been paying attention, because I had no idea Michael Douglas was going to be the main character. That's awesome.
              He hadn't been mentioned in any of the other articles in this thread. The first one that mentioned Rudd said he was going to be the main character
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Comment

I don't like the choice of Douglas as Pym, he just seems too old for the role.
                  I also would have preferred Pym to be Ant Man instead of Lang.
                  sigpic

Comment

Marvel gets the benefit of a the doubt from me. Even their worst movie is still pretty good. I expect this will be pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Marvel gets the benefit of a the doubt from me. Even their worst movie is still pretty good. I expect this will be pretty cool.
                      Elektra?

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
                        Elektra?
                        Not a Marvel Studios film. I'm talking about the movies that Marvel proper has produced, so nothing pre-dating Iron man, and no Spiderman or X-Men since they're different studios.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RUR_OqHSCM[/ame]

Comment

There sure is a lot of walking in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              There sure is a lot of walking in the trailer.
                              When you're that small, shit takes longer to get to!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                                Ftfy
                                Originally posted by talisman
                                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                                Originally posted by AdamLX
                                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                                Because fuck you, that's why
                                Originally posted by 80coupe
                                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                                Originally posted by Jester
                                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                                X