Ford Bronco to debut on OJs birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
    I'm totally fine with that, and can only hope that either the aftermarket comes through, or a big bonus does. The world has too many toys, and I want them all.
    I'm sure they will release a towing package at some point for a price premium and with a weight/ride sacrifice. The fact that the first editions sold out twice should give an indicator of customer's willingness to go for the premium options.

I can also see a situation where an exec doesn't want the bronco to compete with a raptor while also sacrificing performance. I really hope that isn't the case here, but I cant say I haven't been in meetings were a project was killed because it would compete with an existing high margin product.

Comment

• Where's the gvwr at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Dude, I didn't build the damn thing.
        you sure are acting like a market segment manager when you say that what the jeep does is what the segment does and the market cant do anything different just because.

For the record I agree that this isn't the vehicle for towing regularly. But damn if wouldn't it be nice to pull a trailer to an unimproved base camp and then offload the kids toys and then take off to do some trail driving in the fancy 4x4

Comment

• In the future there will be electric motor powered trailers. This will assist low powered vehicles to haul trailers......

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
            In the future there will be electric motor powered trailers. This will assist low powered vehicles to haul trailers......
            Horsepower isn't an issue for a vehicle like the Bronco, the suspension, wheelbase, overall weight, and in some cases the brakes are the limiting factors more often than pulling power, especially in a flat state like Texas.

Comment

• Sorry, gents

Ford Bronco Won't Ever Get Factory V8 Option

Even before the Ford Bronco was born this year, talks about a V8 engine residing under its hood have circulated as early as last year. But those speculations were more of wishful thinking rather than an educated guess, and several reports have come out that it's unlikely to happen despite the apparent demand from the enthusiasts.

However, an interview from Muscle Cars & Trucks could potentially be the final nail in the Bronco V8 coffin. According to Ford Global Program Manager Jeff Seaman and Bronco Chief Engineer Eric Loefller, a V8-powered Bronco will not come to fruition – and there are good reasons for that.

Emission regulations are the major issue here, according to Loefller. "We have to manage the CO2 implications of the product. The way the federal requirements are now it’s all shadow area (footprint) based. If you look at the shadow area of a small off-road vehicle, it has a pretty high target from a government perspective in terms of CO2," said Loefller in his interview with Muscle Cars & Trucks.

He also added that refutes the claim of the demand for a Coyote V8 inside a Bronco. According to him, the primary considerations of customers are horsepower, torque, capability, and fuel economy – all of which can be achieved with the Bronco’s 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6. If those primary considerations, as Loefller pointed out, are already covered with the V6, then there's no sense in offering a V8 and pay emission fines in the process. Seaman, on the other hand, is pretty confident with how the EcoBoost V6 would satisfy its future owners, so much so that they won't be wishing for a bigger engine.

A Bronco V8 could still happen, thanks to the abundance of aftermarket companies in the U.S., but that in itself could pose a challenge because of the Bronco's over-the-air updates.

Comment

• Comment

• Towing toys and campers is why there will always be a 4 runner, Tacoma and Colorado type vehicle. My Z71 isn’t technically as capable as a Bronco buy I’ve had it offroad in some pretty crazy areas. I don’t need more capable, but I do need towing. If you need to tow you can also look at the Gladiator and Ranger. If you need more offroad and towing there are TRD Pro choices and the ZR2 Bison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    The sad part here to me is that you can't get the 2.7 eco without getting the automatic transmission. I have one reserved, but I want manual and that engine vs. the 4 cyl.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      Towing toys and campers is why there will always be a 4 runner, Tacoma and Colorado type vehicle. My Z71 isn’t technically as capable as a Bronco buy I’ve had it offroad in some pretty crazy areas. I don’t need more capable, but I do need towing. If you need to tow you can also look at the Gladiator and Ranger. If you need more offroad and towing there are TRD Pro choices and the ZR2 Bison.
                      The point is that a sacrifice is to be made, one way or the other. In that same vein, I also came across the new Defender, which can pull 8,500lbs, and has the airbags from the factory, which to me seems to be the closest one can get to the best of both worlds. It also gives me hope that the Bronco tow rating is being underrated initially, and that with the tow package they'll bump up those rookie numbers.

Bronco numbers aside, the new Defender is definitely on my short list too. I personally don't need buggy capability (even though the Rubicon Trail is now in my backyard), would probably prefer the nicer interior, and want the shorter-than-a-truck wheelbase.

The most iconic and capable 4x4s. Discover the full range now, each offering unique personality and features. Explore Defender today.

Comment

• Ford just copyrighted the name warthog and released this pic of a bronco warthog/raptor doing testing.

circles are stuff that is different than from the bronco. Any bets as if there is a bigger v6 in that package(s)?

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                          Ford just copyrighted the name warthog and released this pic of a bronco warthog/raptor doing testing.

circles are stuff that is different than from the bronco. Any bets as if there is a bigger v6 in that package(s)?
                          I think a bigger V6 is all but guaranteed. Perhaps even the HO EB3.5 from the current F150 Raptor. The question for me is will it be a Baja runner or a capable crawler.

That said, i'm not sure I'm going to get one. I have a Raptor pickup and a Bronco will strictly be a crawler for me. So the Badlands with the Sasquatch package should fit my needs. The only extra thing I want for it is 37 or 38" tires.

Comment

• Yeah, Ford Warthog sounds awesome. Bronco Raptor. Sgt. Beavis, I hope it's both a Baja runner and capable crawler. The Raptor can crawl decent considering it's approach departure angles and it being super wide relative to a Jeep, so I don't see any reason why Ford can't do both reasonably well with a Warthog.

All that said, I'm unlikely to trade my Raptor in on a Warthog as I do tow occasionally (car trailer) and throw crap in the bed, so a truck works better for me currently.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
                              Yeah, Ford Warthog sounds awesome. Bronco Raptor. Sgt. Beavis, I hope it's both a Baja runner and capable crawler. The Raptor can crawl decent considering it's approach departure angles and it being super wide relative to a Jeep, so I don't see any reason why Ford can't do both reasonably well with a Warthog.

All that said, I'm unlikely to trade my Raptor in on a Warthog as I do tow occasionally (car trailer) and throw crap in the bed, so a truck works better for me currently.

Yea, I’m kinda in love with my Raptor. It’s the breakover angle that gets in the way of crawling for me but it’s been outstanding. I’m ‘technically’ getting the new Bronco for my wife to replace my old Jeep that she currently drives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                I think a bigger V6 is all but guaranteed. Perhaps even the HO EB3.5 from the current F150 Raptor. The question for me is will it be a Baja runner or a capable crawler.
                                I'm thinking they release both a Warthog for crawling and the Raptor as a runner and they will have lots of the mall cruiser accessories already

Comment

Working...
                                X