No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep Bagman was a masterpiece. When the twins were getting the 7 mil, that shot of the minigun on a stand in the vault makes me hope it is going to show back up, just like the M60 from s5e1 of Breaking Bad reappeared in the finale. It is a near ironclad rule of story telling that if you introduce a weapon into the story that weapon is going to get used by the end of it.

I also love the subtle car guy nods in both these series. Each character is very well defined by the car they drive, and it is almost never anything conventional you would see in typical TV. In Bagman there was an excellent shot of Mike opening the hood of the Suzuki from the point of view of the cap and wires and the composition of it impressed me. I'm guessing Saul ends up with his signature Caddy in the next two eps since the Suzuki is a goner now.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Ep Bagman was a masterpiece. When the twins were getting the 7 mil, that shot of the minigun on a stand in the vault makes me hope it is going to show back up, just like the M60 from s5e1 of Breaking Bad reappeared in the finale. It is a near ironclad rule of story telling that if you introduce a weapon into the story that weapon is going to get used by the end of it.

I also love the subtle car guy nods in both these series. Each character is very well defined by the car they drive, and it is almost never anything conventional you would see in typical TV. In Bagman there was an excellent shot of Mike opening the hood of the Suzuki from the point of view of the cap and wires and the composition of it impressed me. I'm guessing Saul ends up with his signature Caddy in the next two eps since the Suzuki is a goner now.
      Drawing from your line of thinking do you think they picked a Cayenne for the twins because of the pepper. Looks good or normal on the outside, but potent on the inside like the pepper? Lol I dunno

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Drawing from your line of thinking do you think they picked a Cayenne for the twins because of the pepper. Looks good or normal on the outside, but potent on the inside like the pepper? Lol I dunno
        Like food pepper? I'm lost. lol But yes, that was another vehicle I immediately noticed that I think they put a lot of thought into. It fit them both perfect.

Comment

• tf was up with the spare tire carrier on back of the porsche? yuck.

this bagman episode felt a lot like the fly episode in BB.. lots of time wasted and didn't move the storyline too much.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Like food pepper? I'm lost.
          like a cayenne pepper lol
          Last edited by lowthreeohz; 04-08-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            tf was up with the spare tire carrier on back of the porsche? yuck.

this bagman episode felt a lot like the fly episode in BB.. lots of time wasted and didn't move the storyline too much.
            Yeah it was a very long 1 scene. I think I hated the fly scene more though.

Comment

without a doubt the fly episode/scene was far worse. BCS is really starting to feel like the proper segue into BB, which i'm liking. much like BB it was slow to get going but once there it's been great since.

Comment

without a doubt the fly episode/scene was far worse. BCS is really starting to feel like the proper segue into BB, which i'm liking. much like BB it was slow to get going but once there it's been great since.
                Yeah, for sure. This season has by far been off the wall. Great in every sense.

Comment

Yes, we thought the same thing, they spent way too much time on the desert scene. In a show where its supposed to end this season with only two episodes left, what the fuck!?

Edit; The wife just told me that on her phone news feed, 'Better Call Saul' has been renewed for season 6, Okay then, H.I...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

like a cayenne pepper lol
                    *slaps fivehead*

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Yes, we thought the same thing, they spent way too much time on a the desert scene. In a show where its supposed to end this season with only two episodes left, what the fuck!?
                    One more season to go.

Comment

• I feel like Kim gonna be a gonner by season finale.. lalo didn’t seem to like that she knew anything about him.
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        I feel like Kim gonna be a gonner by season finale.. lalo didn’t seem to like that she knew anything about him.
                        I agree, she either goes on the run or is whacked after that little meeting. He was not happy.

Comment

• I was trying to remember if Kim was ever mentioned in Breaking Bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                            I was trying to remember if Kim was ever mentioned in Breaking Bad.
                            Not once that I can remember, he did have the cadillac and a swanky little office and not in the back of the nail salon anymore, hahaha...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Kim has some fucking balls!
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                Kim has some fucking balls!
                                I kinda wanted her to shut up already. If i were Lalo, i woulda merc'd em both

Comment

Working...
                                X