No announcement yet.

Tips for painting plastic (yeti cooler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for painting plastic (yeti cooler)

I have a 75qt Yeti and I want to paint it to match the boat it will stay on. Are there any prep tips, ppg paint particulars or anything else I can draw from the DFdub brain trust that will help?

I'm hoping that by painting it the same quasi ugly green color that is the boat theme (green/gray), I can understate its presence and reduce the likelihood of a Rockport meth head stealing it. I have a sample from the boat that I'll be taking to the TASCO (ppg supplier) to have them paint match, and make it flat like the rest of the surface it's on.

Any tips, thanks in advance. It's hot and dry in Austin, which is where I'll be spraying it.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Chooooooo Chooooooo

Comment

I bought it new, but I didn't buy it from a store, or more importantly, pay retail. I bought it from a home builder (older gentleman, well dressed and respectable looking) who was selling it at a discount. Don't know his story, didn't ask, but it wasn't like buying mink coats out of the back of a trailer.

No choo choo
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

A buddy had his painted and said it was all in the primer that the guy sprayed. He said it was meant for the plastic so it adhered really well and turned out looking awesone

Comment

Yes, there is a specific primer for plastics.

Comment

He thinks it was Eastwood but he is not positive on that

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Adhesive Promoter. Follow the directions. Then paint.

Comment

I don't get why painting all the Yeti stuff is all the rage right now. It's just a damned cooler.

Comment

You could just hydro dip it one side at a time.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                    X