Ammo prices are absolutely insane right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    Cabela's in lubbock had 500rd packs of Winchester 9mm yesterday for $129.
    Good price!
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

It’s not bad but a few years ago 500 rds was $100isg or in the $90s. I just picked up some brass case 7.62x39. It wasn’t as bad as 5.56 or 308 but it was pretty steep for range ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        It’s not bad but a few years ago 500 rds was $100isg or in the $90s. I just picked up some brass case 7.62x39. It wasn’t as bad as 5.56 or 308 but it was pretty steep for range ammo.

Yeah, the good old days!
        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Comment

The problem is I don't want to shoot now, as I won't be able to replenish my supply.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Does anyone need .22wmr? I have a ton Id be willing to let go for normal prices.
              Originally posted by Marisa
              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                The problem is I don't want to shoot now, as I won't be able to replenish my supply.
                It’s a real issue. I have a lot of 22lr but anything else I shoot I’d like to replace. I just got a PSAK for this reason.

Comment

It’s a real issue. I have a lot of 22lr but anything else I shoot I’d like to replace. I just got a PSAK for this reason.
                  Yeah, this is me. I'm not in a shortage/bind situation on anything. Sure, I'd buy more now if it were normal prices, but I do not "need" anything. That being said, I'm not in a hurry to go to the range or go crazy at our lease. I was there this past weekend with my youngest son. I let him shoot as much as he wanted of 5.56, 300 AAC, and .22lr, but I may have shot half a mag of 300 at our range, and that was it. I didn't even dump a mag of the 45 on my leg all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                    Does anyone need .22wmr? I have a ton Id be willing to let go for normal prices.
                    Maybe? Eventually I'd like to get another Ruger LCR in .22 LR and another in WMR. Shoot me a message and let me know what you have.

Comment

Ordered some .45 ACP defensive ammunition from Midway today. I’m pretty well stocked with handgun ammo now, and got most of it a year or two ago before the current run on all handgun calibers.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        Yeah, this is me. I'm not in a shortage/bind situation on anything. Sure, I'd buy more now if it were normal prices, but I do not "need" anything. That being said, I'm not in a hurry to go to the range or go crazy at our lease. I was there this past weekend with my youngest son. I let him shoot as much as he wanted of 5.56, 300 AAC, and .22lr, but I may have shot half a mag of 300 at our range, and that was it. I didn't even dump a mag of the 45 on my leg all weekend.
                        The replacement cost right now is just insane. I’m planning a trip to sight in my new AR builds, but dang. I will probably shoot 50 rds each and leave it at that; one each 5.56 and 7.62. I’d love to shoot my 7.62x51 Garand and some fun things too but ammo is ridiculous now. I really hope price and demand settle down again in 2021. I’m looking to buy more silver and gold too but it’s like ammo now and overpriced.

Comment

The replacement cost right now is just insane. I’m planning a trip to sight in my new AR builds, but dang. I will probably shoot 50 rds each and leave it at that; one each 5.56 and 7.62. I’d love to shoot my 7.62x51 Garand and some fun things too but ammo is ridiculous now. I really hope price and demand settle down again in 2021. I’m looking to buy more silver and gold too but it’s like ammo now and overpriced.
                          Phaux has some 7.62 x 51 he was trying to sell. No clue what he was asking but he does have it.

Pm if you need his contact info, he doesn't get on here much anymore.

Comment

Is Texas hunting forum pretty much the only place to locally buy and sell?
                            Armslist wants to charge now and Texas gun trader is really hard to navigate
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

5.56 and 9mm are about $1 a rd now when you can find it. This is ridiculous.

Comment

5.56 and 9mm are about $1 a rd now when you can find it. This is ridiculous.
                                It’s absolutely insane
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X