Quitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    Honestly, I am not anti vax. One of my guys got it and we didn't give him any shit. He also had the anti bodies. I just think I was a carrier and some point and had no clue. I thought about getting the shot but I never found a set of days I wanted to be out of commission. Both shots kicked his ass.
    I'm the same way. I'm not anti vax, but I have an autoimmune disorder and I'd like a little bit more than "We believe that you will be fine", especially since I've had a reaction to a vaccine before.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      i didn't realize most of the members on here are anti-vaccine. i myself will not be getting it
      Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Honestly, I am not anti vax. One of my guys got it and we didn't give him any shit. He also had the anti bodies. I just think I was a carrier and some point and had no clue. I thought about getting the shot but I never found a set of days I wanted to be out of commission. Both shots kicked his ass.
      Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      I'm the same way. I'm not anti vax, but I have an autoimmune disorder and I'd like a little bit more than "We believe that you will be fine", especially since I've had a reaction to a vaccine before.
      I'm not anti-vax, but since I already had it and have natural immunity I have yet to see a study or hear a real Dr. I trust tell me that the vax is still needed, I'm not getting it. I never get the flu shot either. I have gotten all the vaccinations for things that are now 100% preventable with said vax, but this is a respiratory virus... we don't have 100% effective vaccinations for any respiratory virus to date.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Our manager (who 'retires' tomorrow) sent us a link to file for a religious and/or medical exemption. I feel like a lot of people will be taking that route.

I will let them fire me if it comes to it, you gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

I am, however, actively looking for other employment.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          I'm not anti-vax, but since I already had it and have natural immunity I have yet to see a study or hear a real Dr. I trust tell me that the vax is still needed, I'm not getting it. I never get the flu shot either. I have gotten all the vaccinations for things that are now 100% preventable with said vax, but this is a respiratory virus... we don't have 100% effective vaccinations for any respiratory virus to date.
          One thing I have said before (which is right in line with what you typed) is “Covid is a coronavirus variant, which is in the same family as common colds, pneumonia… we don’t have vaccines for those.”
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            Is it not still "guidance" and not law?

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/safework
            I cant understand why people dont understand this. ITS NOT THE LAW (yet).. OSHA hasnt issued any rule.
            and fwiw, this is why you haven't seen any lawsuits yet, its not a rule/law. Companies can voluntarily do what they want (except grow some balls apparently)..

Not anti vax, dont give a shit what YOU and YOUR doctor decide. No one else is going to tell me what healthcare I need. LETS GO BRANDON

Comment

my company is mandating it. It's bullshit.

I'm vaccinated but i 100% support those who dont want to get it OR those who dont feel the need on reporting their medical history to their employer.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                my company is mandating it. It's bullshit.

I'm vaccinated but i 100% support those who dont want to get it OR those who dont feel the need on reporting their medical history to their employer.
                THIS!

My employer asks to see my vaccination records, I'll ask to see his/her medical license. You can fuck all the way off if I haven't hired you as my Doctor.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

The funniest shit I have seen come out of this is two serious articles about "It being for greater good". Whoever wrote those has never seen Hot Fuzz with Simon Peg.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I had bilateral knee replacements done in 2021, both of which included an overnight stay at the orthopedic hospital where they were performed. Took the full round of the Moderna COVID vaccine earlier in the year followed by influenza and pneumonia vaccines in between each surgery. Done for the year, and glad they were all available. As @32vfromhell posted, I am in complete agreement that the matter of vaccination should remain the choice of the individual and not be mandated.

Comment

Got mine back in March. Moderna and zero issues. Same with my wife.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I have worked in healthcare/hospitals since '98, vaccines have been mandated since 2001, nothing new for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          One thing I have said before (which is right in line with what you typed) is “Covid is a coronavirus variant, which is in the same family as common colds, pneumonia… we don’t have vaccines for those.”
                          Actually they do.....

Comment

Prevnar13 this year for me.

Comment

My MIL is a NY State employee and she's allergic to polysorbate and polyethylene glycol. So get fired, retire or potentially die from a mandated vaccine for a disease she's already been infected with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                                Actually they do.....
                                It’s an elective vaccine and has a pretty low usage rate, right?
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X