No announcement yet.

Looking for a good revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my Ruger P95 so I'll maybe give the LCR a try.
    Might try and find one used.
    A revolver and a AR style rifle will pretty much finish out my small gun collection. I'd like to do some pig hunting someday and an AR seems suited for that. And I want a rediculusly reliable pistol and a revolver fits that bill.

Comment

Looking for a good revolver

I really like my ultra lite. And for a gun under 400 it’s. Great carry gun. And people can say what they want about Taurus but they hold a life time warranty and I’ve had zero problems with this gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        I love my Ruger P95 so I'll maybe give the LCR a try.
        Might try and find one used.
        A revolver and a AR style rifle will pretty much finish out my small gun collection. I'd like to do some pig hunting someday and an AR seems suited for that. And I want a rediculusly reliable pistol and a revolver fits that bill.
        I was lucky to find a barely used one for $390 from a firemen. I'd love to pick up another one in 9mm and maybe even in .22 LR.

Originally posted by Blackout View Post

I really like my ultra lite. And for a gun under 400 it’s. Great carry gun. And people can say what they want about Taurus but they hold a life time warranty and I’ve had zero problems with this gun.

I've got a ported barrel Model 85 that I love. I've never had a problem with it although I rarely shoot it now after getting the LCR. I'd like to find a good deal on a .44 Magnum Tracker.

Comment

Craig, the Ultralight is titanium right? How's the recoil on it? It's just a .38 Special right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            Craig, the Ultralight is titanium right? How's the recoil on it? It's just a .38 Special right?

No it’s aluminum and it’s .38+p. And it weighs next to nothing so it’s got a fairly good recoil. But I use it as a carry gun so if I’m having to do work I’m not worried about the recoil as much as my target.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              No it’s aluminum and it’s .38+p. And it weighs next to nothing so it’s got a fairly good recoil. But I use it as a carry gun so if I’m having to do work I’m not worried about the recoil as much as my target.

I just did a Google search and saw that Ultralight is also offered in titanium as well.

Comment

Taurus poly protector 357 magnum. Bought at the Dallas gun show for well under $300 and was quite shocked by how well its made and how well it shoots. Magnum rounds have STOUT recoil but its manageable. 38 special and +p shoots nicely.

Comment

I bought a cheap ($200) ultra-lite taurus new like above just to see if I could give a shit about a wheel gun. Probably put 100 rounds through it. I haven't had a single issue with it, trigger pull didn't feel like I was fighting someone in a tug of war contest, and it fits perfectly in my pocket with a little pocket holster.

Eventually it'll be sold and funds toward something else, but I don't have any complaints about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just did a Google search and saw that Ultralight is also offered in titanium as well.

Oh nice. Didn’t know that. Wonder what the mark up was on that. And yeah I got this one at the mesquite gun show for $200. It was $240 with a mail in rebate I figured for $200 I just had to get it. And I like carrying it more than my Glock or kimber or any of my other guns really.

Comment

Just picked up this .357
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I haven't seen any good revolvers under $600.00.

And I'm not laughing at you, but I'm lol at a $300.00 revolver pistol, those days are long gone. Unless a Charter, EAA or Rock Island are worth betting your life on them...
                        Brah, you can get LCRs for around $350, SP101s around $500, and GP100s for under $600 out the door. I don't know about LCRs personally, but SP101s and GP100s are great revolvers.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I ended up going to a local pawn shop to look at revolvers, and bought a 45cal XD and an 308 AK...
                          Still no revolver. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I haven't seen any good revolvers under $600.00.

And I'm not laughing at you, but I'm lol at a $300.00 revolver pistol, those days are long gone. Unless a Charter, EAA or Rock Island are worth betting your life on them...
                            You can check out my LCR when we head out to the range.

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                            Just picked up this .357
                            Have you taken it out to the range yet?

Comment

Have you taken it out to the range yet?
                              Not yet. Have a few others I have never shot, going to try and make it out to my buddies place this weekend....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                                Not yet. Have a few others I have never shot, going to try and make it out to my buddies place this weekend....
                                Be sure to post up a range report on it. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X