1969 Mustang Coupe build/restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdun View Post
    I used those wheels on a customers car. Black 67 notch. I had the centers powdercoated semi-gloss black and cut the spinners off of the center caps. What size tire are you running?
    235 45 17 in front, 275 40 17 out back.

Comment

My gauge cluster from Mustangs to Fear came in today. Now I am just waiting on the custom gauges from Speed Hut.

Comment

I managed to get the motor buttoned up just before the rain came today. Should be able to hear it run tomorrow.

Comment

She runs!
          I absolutely love the idle chop. Comp cams did a great job on my custom grind. It made awesome power, starts super easy and sounds great.

Comment

Comment

great project man.. I still have my old 69 coupe from when I was 16...been sitting in pieces for the last 10 years though

Comment

Ups delivered my driveshaft today. Super happy with it.
                3.5" aluminum with 1350 ultra duty u joints. Rated for 1k hp.

Over the weekend I fitted my fan into place along with a Derale thermostatic fan switch in the water jacket. On at 190 degrees and off at 165.

Now I just need to fab up some brackets this weekend.

Comment

I was finally able to drive my car around the block today.
                  Worked very hard yesterday to bleed all the new disc brakes, hook up the shifter and get it adjusted correctly and put 1 seat in the car.
                  All in all I am happy. The willwood brakes were moaning a little. I guess they needed to be bed in.

Comment

Another driving vid.

Comment

Innovate MTXL AFR gauge installed. Idle is just right.

Comment

Driving around and full throttle seems good too. I might play with the accelerator pump cam just a bit if I can find a tuning kit for the Demon carb.

Comment

I like those gauges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            I like those gauges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                            Me too. Well worth the $800.

They are doing a 4th of July 15% off sale.

Comment

It's been a while since I have updated so here are some track vids.
                              First few passes using the demon 650 got me to 8.50's @ 82mph.
                              I was talked into buying a custom Bigs Holley HP carb and wow, what a difference. From the 8.50 to an 8.12 right off the bat. With some borrowed slicks (still spinning off the line) ran a 7.73@89.7.

The smoke at mid track is from my new power steering lines that were spraying right on my drivers side header.

Comment

7.73 pass.
                                You can hear the tire squeal right at the launch and this is at half throttle. I can go full throttle about 80ft out and you can hear that as well.
                                Borrowed slicks that are about 5-6 years old (thanks Michael) 26x10's. I will buy some 28 x 10.5's this spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X