Clear All

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
    Pray for him!!!!
    I will.
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      In case you missed it earlier. I'm off today and have nothing better to do, so why not start shit in the theology forum?
      Get a hobby.

Now we get into a topic of definition. What is fact for one person should be a fact for all. Believers have faith that the bible is true, when in actuality it is not.
      If it is in fact not true as you say, you have some kind of firm factual evidence to back it up right?
      I didn't come in here bashing folks, I have yet to insult anyone in this thread. I wanted an explanation, and I haven't gotten one.
      You just said you came in here looking to start shit you fucking knuckle dragging mouth breather.
      Don't get pissy with me because of other people's lack of ability to answer a single simple question. Nothing I've said, to me, comes off as aggressive. You on the other hand seem to want to insult people.
      Most stupid people respond better to aggression, hence my approach with you.

Ceyko, I place no faith in science. I hold religion to the same standards I hold science to. You make a claim, you'd better have proof.
      Like where you posted in absolute terms that the bible is in no way true? LOL

Regardless, my prior statement still stands. You're free to believe what you want to, just don't try to pass it off as something it's not, and don't try to tell me what to do while basing your reasoning on religion.
      who the fuck said anything to you or told you shit? You're dumb ass is the one always coming in here starting shit because you said you're bored.

When I get back to TX I invite everyone in the thread to come out and have a drink with me sometime. If alcohol isn't your gig, burger/soda will take the place of it.
      ill pass.
      Last edited by Pro88LX; 05-14-2011, 10:49 PM. Reason: missed a quote

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
        Get a hobby.

If it is in fact not true as you say, you have some kind of firm factual evidence to back it up right?
        The burden of proof lies with the people that think it's true
        You just said you came in here looking to start shit you fucking knuckle dragging mouth breather.
        starting an argument can be done without bashing or insulting people. I know it's hard to distinguish the difference for you, but try.
        Most stupid people respond better to aggression, hence my approach with you.
        Because you're a bastion of intelligence? LOL

Like where you posted in absolute terms that the bible is in no way true? LOL
        I have yet to see any scientific evidence proving otherwise, and I'd venture a guess to say that you can't come up with any. So I'd say it's a fair conclusion to come to that the bible isn't true. Are there some things in the bible that are true? Sure. But it's on the same level as Spiderman stories being true because it's based in New York

who the fuck said anything to you or told you shit? You're dumb ass is the one always coming in here starting shit because you said you're bored.
        You haven't kept up with recent events, have you? See: http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...19223520080627
        http://firedoglake.com/2009/03/29/cr...ids-textbooks/ Creationism is tied hand in hand with religion. So tell me again, have religious people not tried to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat?

ill pass.
        It's your choice.
        See red text. You may want to untwist your panties, they're getting MIIIGHTY bunched up there.

Comment

See red text. You may want to untwist your panties, they're getting MIIIGHTY bunched up there.
          quit fucking up the quotes!

The burden of proof lies with the people that think it's true
          But nobody in here is trying to prove anything to you. You keep starting threads. So I'd say the burden of proof is on you to prove it isn't. But that's a circular argument i don't care to get into.

Because you're a bastion of intelligence? LOL
          Not a brag, but i did test at an IQ of 136 when i was 10 which would place me in either the 99.1802471131% or 98.7775566587% percentiles depending on which scale you're using. That said there is a .8197528869% - 1.2224433413% chance that you are more intelligent. Id take that bet any day of the week.

I have yet to see any scientific evidence proving otherwise, and I'd venture a guess to say that you can't come up with any. So I'd say it's a fair conclusion to come to that the bible isn't true. Are there some things in the bible that are true? Sure. But it's on the same level as Spiderman stories being true because it's based in New York
          There is no firm scientific evidence saying that its completely false either....

Please don't use the big bang theory etc as evidence as it is just that...a theory.

You haven't kept up with recent events, have you? See: http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/...19223520080627
          http://firedoglake.com/2009/03/29/cr...ids-textbooks/ Creationism is tied hand in hand with religion. So tell me again, have religious people not tried to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat?
          So even though an overwhelming majority of people in this country believe in God, all books should be catered to the minority of the population? If anything you would think that creationism in textbooks would make you guys happy. I mean any logical person should be able to debunk it, therefore further discrediting it right? I don't see a problem with the theory of creationism being in the same book as every other theory of how we came to be here.

Comment

I have to LOL at the language and insults being used by the pro-bible side. Please, continue...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              I have to LOL at the language and insults being used by the pro-bible side. Please, continue...
              I'm on the "somewhere on the fence side".

Im done with this thread BTW. Don't like arguing.

Comment

quit fucking up the quotes!

But nobody in here is trying to prove anything to you. You keep starting threads. So I'd say the burden of proof is on you to prove it isn't. But that's a circular argument i don't care to get into.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first thread I've started in the theology corner. Sure I could check, but I'm far too lazy to do that.

Not a brag, but i did test at an IQ of 136 when i was 10 which would place me in either the 99.1802471131% or 98.7775566587% percentiles depending on which scale you're using. That said there is a .8197528869% - 1.2224433413% chance that you are more intelligent. Id take that bet any day of the week.

Past performance isn't indicative of future results

There is no firm scientific evidence saying that its completely false either....
                One must first prove something true before it needs to be proven false. For example, you can scream to high heaven that the bible is true, but until you've proven it true I don't have to lift a finger to prove it false. You should never make a positive assumption when trying to determine whether something is true or false. Even our court system works this way (should) Charges are false until they're proven true. See how that works?
                Please don't use the big bang theory etc as evidence as it is just that...a theory.

Just like evolution is a theory, huh?

So even though an overwhelming majority of people in this country believe in God, all books should be catered to the minority of the population? If anything you would think that creationism in textbooks would make you guys happy. I mean any logical person should be able to debunk it, therefore further discrediting it right? I don't see a problem with the theory of creationism being in the same book as every other theory of how we came to be here.Again, just because you believe something to be true, doesn't mean it would be true. As far as creationism being taught in the classroom, see: http://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/kitzmil...miller_342.pdf Scroll down to the decision if you want to get to the funny part.
                If your understanding of scientific terminology, as evidenced by the quoted post, is any indication of your intelligence, you're severely lacking. You seem to think a theory is an idea (actual: hypothesis) when in fact theories have been tested and proven.

I'm on the "somewhere on the fence side".

Im done with this thread BTW. Don't like arguing.
                Hard to argue when you don't have a leg to stand on, isn't it?

Comment

If your understanding of scientific terminology, as evidenced by the quoted post, is any indication of your intelligence, you're severely lacking. You seem to think a theory is an idea (actual: hypothesis) when in fact theories have been tested and proven.

Hard to argue when you don't have a leg to stand on, isn't it?
                  So really, you're another atheist baiting folks into another redundant argument. "Evolution" has a lot of holes in it, too. It's nowhere near an "exact science". I find it even sillier to think that we got where we are just by happen-stance. Really? From a one-celled amoeba to separate DNA and millions of brain cells? With no intelligent design? It's preposterous that people have faith in that, but not intelligent design. It's like a lightning bolt hitting a wrecking yard and leaving behind an F22.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    So really, you're another atheist baiting folks into another redundant argument. "Evolution" has a lot of holes in it, too. It's nowhere near an "exact science". I find it even sillier to think that we got where we are just by happen-stance. Really? From a one-celled amoeba to separate DNA and millions of brain cells? With no intelligent design? It's preposterous that people have faith in that, but not intelligent design. It's like a lightning bolt hitting a wrecking yard and leaving behind an F22.
                    Let's not take into account the millions or billions of years it took to get here. Watch the video, more than once to make sure all the information sinks in.

Science is different from religion in the fact that when it's wrong, it fixes its errors. Religion has stood by the same old stance for the last 2000+ years. Yet we've gained so much knowledge in the past few hundred years. The computer/phone you post from, the shoes on your feet, the car you drive, all products of science. Yet you continue to say that science is wrong.

Comment

Let's not take into account the millions or billions of years it took to get here. Watch the video, more than once to make sure all the information sinks in.

Science is different from religion in the fact that when it's wrong, it fixes its errors. Religion has stood by the same old stance for the last 2000+ years. Yet we've gained so much knowledge in the past few hundred years. The computer/phone you post from, the shoes on your feet, the car you drive, all products of science. Yet you continue to say that science is wrong.
                      I'm not saying science is "wrong". I'm saying it wasn't science alone. Who gave us "science"? Evolution as a theory alone, just doesn't work. There's theories abound about what killed off dinosaurs. They ALL have scientific backing. Guys spend more time trying to dis-prove things than they do to prove their own point. You can't prove a negative. If you're closed minded enough to shut out creationism, why would smoke-and-mirrors science work, if you can't prove it? It amazes me that there are egomaniacs around that think we humans are "it". We're just not that great.

The Theory of Evolution has tons of holes in it.

Comment

Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          Yes, it is a case of "tail-chasing".

Comment

I'm not saying science is "wrong". I'm saying it wasn't science alone. Who gave us "science"? Evolution as a theory alone, just doesn't work. There's theories abound about what killed off dinosaurs. They ALL have scientific backing. Guys spend more time trying to dis-prove things than they do to prove their own point. You can't prove a negative. If you're closed minded enough to shut out creationism, why would smoke-and-mirrors science work, if you can't prove it? It amazes me that there are egomaniacs around that think we humans are "it". We're just not that great.

The Theory of Evolution has tons of holes in it.
                            What holes are you talking about, specifically. Evolution, as a theory alone, does work. How do you explain how you got here. Take the flu shot for example, it's WHOLLY based on evolution, how the flu virus will evolve from one year to the next. If that doesn't work. Look up the Lenski experiments. If you'd like I can post up the study, and for easier understanding a youtube video.

What gave us science? Not accepting what religion was saying, testing thoughts, putting them under scrutiny.

I don't have to prove a negative unless the positive has been proven. The reason I've shut out creationism is because there is NO factual evidence in support of it. When some is shown I'll give it another look.

What do you mean by "it?" I equate humans as just another animal, like monkeys, dogs, cats. We are no more special than any other animal on the face of the planet. The reason we're at the top of the food chain is because our thinking abilities. If it weren't for that, we'd be fodder for a myriad of other species of animal out there. We aren't strong, we don't have claws or fangs in the typical sense. The only advantage we've got is our minds.

Comment

What holes are you talking about, specifically. Evolution, as a theory alone, does work. How do you explain how you got here. Take the flu shot for example, it's WHOLLY based on evolution, how the flu virus will evolve from one year to the next. If that doesn't work. Look up the Lenski experiments. If you'd like I can post up the study, and for easier understanding a youtube video.

What gave us science? Not accepting what religion was saying, testing thoughts, putting them under scrutiny.

I don't have to prove a negative unless the positive has been proven. The reason I've shut out creationism is because there is NO factual evidence in support of it. When some is shown I'll give it another look.

What do you mean by "it?" I equate humans as just another animal, like monkeys, dogs, cats. We are no more special than any other animal on the face of the planet. The reason we're at the top of the food chain is because our thinking abilities. If it weren't for that, we'd be fodder for a myriad of other species of animal out there. We aren't strong, we don't have claws or fangs in the typical sense. The only advantage we've got is our minds.
                              Dinosaurs were here for about 230 million years and didn't evolve worth shit. Man's been here 1 percent of that, and we started as apes. GTFO with that! How come cro-magnon isn't still walking around? Armadillo's are. Crocodiles are. How come they haven't evolved? Why do we still have cancer? Evolution should have taken care of that when it got rid of the use for our appendix. There are a SHIT TON of problems with evolution, hence it is a "theory". Is there evolution? Yeah. Is that the answer to everything that's on this earth and in the galaxies? Not hardly.

Where did that ameoba come from anyway?
                              Last edited by Vertnut; 05-15-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Dinosaurs were here for about 230 million years and didn't evolve worth shit.
                                Just because "they didn't evolve worth shit" doesn't mean they didn't evolve
                                Man's been here 1 percent of that, and we started as apes. GTFO with that!
                                can you not comprehend that we're a great ape, all decendants of Plesiadapiform, dated to 56 million years ago, less than 10 million years after dinosaurs went extinct.
                                How come cro-magnon isn't still walking around?
                                Because they evolved into Homo Sapien. Sometime in the future Homo Sapien will cease to exist, and there will be another species that has descended from it.
                                Armadillo's are.
                                Xenarthra (sloths, anteaters, and armadillos) formed around 50 million years ago
                                Crocodiles are. How come they haven't evolved?
                                They have. See: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...le-brazil.html

Why do we still have cancer?
                                Biology isn't perfect. Why do we have autism, or any other genetic disease. Sometimes shit just goes wrong.
                                Evolution should have taken care of that when it got rid of the use for our appendix.
                                Evolution didn't get rid of the use for our appendix, we did, with our improved hygene. Current theory says that the appendix is a "safe haven" for good bacteria in the event of sickness.

There are a SHIT TON of problems with evolution, hence it is a "theory". Is there evolution? Yeah. Is that the answer to everything that's on this earth and in the galaxies? Not hardly.

Where did that ameoba come from anyway?
                                You confuse abiogenesis and evolution. Evolution doesn't touch on how life began. Before life you had abiogenesis, once life began the age of abiogenesis ended and the age of evolution began.

Originally posted by Vertnut
                                Is there evolution? Yeah.
                                Originally posted by Vertnut
                                Evolution as a theory alone, just doesn't work.
                                Do what? Something is what it is, isn't what it is not. And can't be both or neither at the same time. So which is it, either evolution is true, or it is not.

Explain to me why you're arguing that evolution has holes in it? Science, more specifically evolution in this case make no claim to know the answer to everything. If it knew everything, it would stop. I'm merely pointing out where you're wrong in your thought processes.

Comment

Working...
                                X