Nexen tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexen tires

Anyone used them before? The price seems super cheap but they have good reviews. I know reviews can be fake though. Anyhow I can get a new set for $220 mounted vs $500 for a set of Michelin’s.. I know Michelin is a superior tire but $280 superior? This tire size would be 235/75/15
    "PSH!!!"

Remember you always get what you pay for.

Comment

And you pay for what you get.

But 220 is dirt cheap. Let us know how it works out.

Comment

I would never buy them, but, they came on my last Miata and couldn't bring myself to replace them. They looked like some performance tire from 10 years ago but I can't remember now which one. If I had kept it they would have been swapped.

I got a great deal on some Coopers one time for my wifes car. They looked great also but started going out of round and 20k or so. Like blowing belts.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The only part of the car which actually connects you to the road is your tire, so, go ahead and get some cheap shit.

Comment

Not saying rams are the best new truck but they are selling them new with oem nexen tires. Doubt any big manufacturer would sell new vehicles with unsafe tires. Guy at work just got one is the only reason i know that.

Comment

In my experience the most annoying things about cheap ass tires are the road noise and their tendency to pick up more nails than other tires. I refuse to buy them. I also refuse to buy ones that are expensive as hell because they seem like a waste of money to me. Even when i drive one of my hot rods I am not going around trying to pull 1.1g or anything like that so something decent works fine.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Nexens are fine, and that is a good price. I checked to see if I could beat it and my cost is $57
                Get 'em and don't look back.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  Nexens are fine, and that is a good price. I checked to see if I could beat it and my cost is $57
                  Get 'em and don't look back.
                  It’s that economy tire at Ferguson/maylee. They’ve always had deals that are super hard to beat
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                      Not saying rams are the best new truck but they are selling them new with oem nexen tires. Doubt any big manufacturer would sell new vehicles with unsafe tires. Guy at work just got one is the only reason i know that.
                      All the reason not to buy one. An American truck on some Korean rubber gtfo here. All in the name of a dollar fuck dodge

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        It’s that economy tire at Ferguson/maylee. They’ve always had deals that are super hard to beat
                        Do you have an account with them or just walked in?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Anyone used them before? The price seems super cheap but they have good reviews. I know reviews can be fake though. Anyhow I can get a new set for $220 mounted vs $500 for a set of Michelin’s.. I know Michelin is a superior tire but $280 superior? This tire size would be 235/75/15
                          Go to the Oak Cliff walmart off 30 and count how many cars have nexen tires. Now, go to let's say Colleyville or Southlake and see that every single car has Michelin's or better.

Now ask yourself, do the citizens of Oak Cliff TX know something the people of Trophy Club or any other self respecting town don't???

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          The only part of the car which actually connects you to the road is your tire, so, go ahead and get some cheap shit.
                          I'm sayin...

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                          I googled: dodge ram have factory nexen tires

and 1st result was this:
                          https://www.ramforum.com/threads/nex...-bombs.117598/

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                          All the reason not to buy one. An American truck on some Korean rubber gtfo here. All in the name of a dollar fuck dodge
                          Hit the nail on the fukn head

Comment

I've sold and installed numerous sets of nexen tires over the years. They've proven to be decent. They aren't the quality of a Toyo or other name brand tire, but I don't remember a single one that had separated or come apart. The N5000 has proven to be a decent passenger car tire. The N3000 before it wad a decent tire. For the money I'd say it's a great buy. Ultimately you have to decide what your needs are. If. You just need some rubber to roll on and not looking to spend a lot then go for it. If you're wanting a quality tire that will go the miles then add some coin and buy what you know. I sell based on my customers wants and needs. I'd have no worry about putting a set of nexens on and taking a cross country trip though.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                              I'd have no worry about putting a set of nexens on and taking a cross country trip though.
                              Hmmm, I'd have to agree, only because I just drove 3k miles on a set of Nexan tires on a week vacation through central/south Texas a near triple digit speeds with no issues. I didn't want to take my Expy Sport fearing of hitting deer, humming birds or getting rock chips on my new Sport, so I rented a 2019 Durango GT, it had Nexan tires, I always check the air pressure before any long trip regardless of what vehicle I'm using. I never heard of them and didn't see who made them but they took the heat and beat down of the over 100° temps of Texas roads, from Luckenbach to Corpus Christi, San Antonio and back to Collin County, not one issue and the rig had 17k miles. I probably wouldn't put them on my own vehicle but if that's all I could afford I or needed an affordable tire I would buy a set.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X