Anyone own an Explorer (Sport)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    haha, I had a Navigator, no need for that much room anymore, but I feel the Explorer is a little larger than the Edge, so it make it makes my decision a little easier.
    I really want a new Mustang and almost pulled the trigger twice, the first one had some transport damage and I didn't want a damaged car, especially at the $50k price point, it better be perfect. The second one doesn't have the B&O sound system with a CD player, so scratch that off, I like listening to CD's.
    Though after last weekend, I decided I need to be able to transport more than a few people, things and the Stangs just ain't cutting it.

I might buy the Exploder Sport and wait for the new SVT Cobra and buy that, that could be my Swan Song car to get me thru my silver years...
    I love my Mustang, blower and all, but if I didn't have another vehicle I wouldn't have gotten it. I deal with the back seat solely because my son loves to ride with me, otherwise I'll take the X4 if I'm rolling 2 or more deep.

If I had to get something else, and didn't have another ride, at this point I'd be looking at a crew-cab with a blown 5.0 if it had to be Ford, otherwise I'd be rolling an X6M.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      I love my Mustang, blower and all, but if I didn't have another vehicle I wouldn't have gotten it. I deal with the back seat solely because my son loves to ride with me, otherwise I'll take the X4 if I'm rolling 2 or more deep.

If I had to get something else, and didn't have another ride, at this point I'd be looking at a crew-cab with a blown 5.0 if it had to be Ford, otherwise I'd be rolling an X6M.
      I hear ya, but I need another Mustang like I need another hole in the head. I know what most will say, "you can't have too many Mustangs". I just need something else to pimp and keep the miles low on my other Stangs.

The price of SUV's and Crossovers are redunkulous, I would love a MB or BMW but I already have a problem paying mid 40's for a loaded out '18 Explorer. Same goes for a loaded out F-150/F-250 or Raptor, some of those vehicles have a MSRP of over $70K. And that brings me to the price of a X5M or X6M, not paying a hundo thousand for a few tenths over a tOOn'd Explorer Sport...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

At least the trucks won't depreciate like the escape and explorers. I consider them to be throw away vehicles like the Acadia and terrain

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
          At least the trucks won't depreciate like the escape and explorers. I consider them to be throw away vehicles like the Acadia and terrain
          Explorers actually don't appreciate nearly as much as a crappy gmc product. I was surprised how well mine retained value even after big time hail damage.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
            Not sure where your getting your information on the Explorer (no comment on the Escape or GMs) after 4 & 5 years the Explorer Sport is right at half of MSRP, so to me that indicates loe depreciation and great resale value.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Explorers actually don't appreciate nearly as much as a crappy gmc product. I was surprised how well mine retained value even after big time hail damage.
            Uggg, I have to agree with you...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

You're you're the sport does hold value pretty good but I see other models for dime a dozen. My main point should have been than crew cab pick ups in general have some of the best resale value. They suffer little depreciation. However a truck just may not interest you. 3.5 or 5.0 with a little money would be plenty of fun.

Guys at work who bought new 1 and 2 years ago are fielding calls every month from dealers asking to buy their used truck to put on their lot.

I think I would be unhappy in the explorer.

It will be f7n only for a short period of time assuming you are riding 4+. They are small. If ts rare to have more than 2 then I think you'll be fine.

Would be fun to sleep on some people with but if you want a fast SUV there are better options.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I do like the Edge ST, I saw it at the Auto Show earlier this yearit looks very nice. It looks like almost the same power as the 3.5 TT in the Explorer Sport. It looks like Ford Performance put a factory tune in it to achieve those numbers. Its probably going to be around the same price too and will require premium and no Brembos and I'm not sure they will be an option. Same interior as the stock Edge as they haven't had a refresh yet, except for the body cladding. As you can tell I've given the two a serious thought...
                Unless Ford has changed things from the 3.5, all Fords with the V6 and front wheel/AWD have an internal water pump that when it goes, it takes the entire engine with it.
                If you intend to buy the Edge, but sell/trade before the engine warranty expires, goferit.

Comment

So far my Grand Cherokee has been great just wish it ws a bit wider. ( having twins makes it a bit cramped )

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    Is it fixed yet?
                    hahaha
                    WH

Comment

Mel has a 16 Explorer Limited, and it's her favorite among vehicles she has owned. She wishes she had bought the Sport model. This one is borderline dangerous if you have to lean on the go pedal to merge.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Mel has a 16 Explorer Limited, and it's her favorite among vehicles she has owned. She wishes she had bought the Sport model. This one is borderline dangerous if you have to lean on the go pedal to merge.
                        What engine is in that? I had the base 3.5 and it was never even close to dangerously slow. That's reserved for the crappy 4cyl NA equinox or terrain.

Comment

Working...
                        X