***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Remember this pic from the 1966 Carswell AFB airshow in Fort Worth?

What's funny is, I've never seen that overhead shot before. But as for the rest of the pictures, yes I do remember them.

I decided that since I love aviation so much and there seems to be a few others that do as well that I would start our own picture thread so we dont miss any super cool shit. I shall start....
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Thanks for the pics. Dad brought me to that show and I just could get enough.

Comment

• I think that is the best airshow that ever happened. All my favorite planes are represented and flying except the B36... and all you had to do was hop in a car for a 20 minute drive to Greater Southwest Airport to see one on static display.

BTW, the airport had a great history too, if you're into that kind of thing: http://www.members.tripod.com/airfie...FtWorth_NE.htm

1965:

Comment

• Well how about an Allison powered B-17 ? (XB-38)

Comment

Well how about an Allison powered B-17 ? (XB-38)

I will build that I swear.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              I think that is the best airshow that ever happened. All my favorite planes are represented and flying except the B36... and all you had to do was hop in a car for a 20 minute drive to Greater Southwest Airport to see one on static display
              Saw this at PHX last week and thought of you. Pima was the wrong way though, so I didn't get to see it.

Comment

• While I was at the Pima last year a volunteer told me they are raising money to build a new hangar so they can park the B-36 and one of their B-52s nose to nose. Hopefully it will come to fruition.

Comment

• Comment

• Such a cool plane. Tried to catch Top gun / Independence day @ the Coyote last night but it sold out.

Comment

Well how about an Allison powered B-17 ? (XB-38)

Well how about a five-engined B-17?

P&W tested their T34 turboprop in this bird. I guess they didn't have enough confidence to test it in a single engine airframe, lol.

Note: this aircraft was eventually restored into the Liberty Belle.

Comment

Saw this at PHX last week and thought of you. Pima was the wrong way though, so I didn't get to see it.

I went to the Pima Air Museum when I visited my cousin in Phoenix in 2008. They were excited about the upcoming B36 exhibit, but I think it wasn't made public until 2010 or so. I did get to see all kinds of other awesome stuff like an SR71, B47, and one of the B52s that carried the X15 on its flights. I need to get back there and see that old B36.

Comment

• Currently repairing/overhauling main rotor blades for these bad boys.
                          The Army's latest MEDEVAC helo, the UH-72A Lakota.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            Currently repairing/overhauling main rotor blades for these bad boys.
                            The Army's latest MEDEVAC helo, the UH-72A Lakota.
                            Where do you work?

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                              Where do you work?
                              Airbus Helicopters (formerly known as American Eurocopter)
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                                Airbus Helicopters (formerly known as American Eurocopter)
                                Oh lord, I'm in building B.

Comment

Working...
                                X