X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
    How did it go?
    Shot a 250 out of 250 with a 35 round group of 9mm in a very tiny ball. I scored a 96 on the written test so I passed with flying colors I guess.

I DO have some constructive critisizim for him though; the class did not cover some things that I wished it would have. There was no mention of what to do after a shoot, no mention on the proper way to make a 911 call in order to keep yourself from being confused as subject/suspect, no mention on how to handle the police directly after a shooting (in fact the word lawyer did not come out more than twice), and a few other things I would have hoped he would have discussed. The class centered around Penial Codes and where that is what the State says needs to be taught I could have learned it by reading a pamphlet.

Do not get me wrong it was a very good course and I am happy to have gone through it. I think a lot of the lack of information was due in part to the size of the class; 68 plus people.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Took the Crossfire Training Class yesterday, highly recommend this class, they made it fun and the range is privately owned by one of the instructors. Hopefully my application goes through without a hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
        Took the Crossfire Training Class yesterday, highly recommend this class, they made it fun and the range is privately owned by one of the instructors. Hopefully my application goes through without a hitch.
        That is were I went great class but I would not call that a range.
        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
          Cash Advance Benbrook
          9023 US Hwy 377 South
          Benbrook, Texas 76126
          (817) 249-4909

$10 FFL Transfer For Everyone.
          Holy crap! That is cheap. You ever used them? I'd like to start getting some cheap surplus weapons from other states, this may be the best way.

Comment

Just wanted to update. I am not sure if it has happened already, or when it will, but the Utah loophole has been taken away. You have to be a Utah resident to get one or already have a Texas CHL.

Also, a good link to have for north Texas guys, www.mytxchl.com He does classes I think every weekend, and its by far the best cost in town.

Oh also, fingerprints have to be done electronically now. Only the L-1 enrollment company can do them for all of Texas. So that is an extra $10 no matter who you go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Itchycods View Post
              I just got done taking the class from David Gilreath and found it to be very worthwhile. David is very experienced and knowlegeable, and a super nice guy.
              X2

I did mine with David Gilreath and have since sent another 20-30 guys and gals his way. He is a bit of a hard core 45acp guy tho

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
                Just wanted to update. I am not sure if it has happened already, or when it will, but the Utah loophole has been taken away. You have to be a Utah resident to get one or already have a Texas CHL.

Also, a good link to have for north Texas guys, www.mytxchl.com He does classes I think every weekend, and its by far the best cost in town.

Oh also, fingerprints have to be done electronically now. Only the L-1 enrollment company can do them for all of Texas. So that is an extra $10 no matter who you go to.
                It's not necessarily a "loop hole". And it hasn't been taken away. Formerly, it's just an amended form of the current law, which adds a provision that modifies the application/renewal process. The change in the Utah law for Non-Resident CHLs applications/renewals goes into effect Jan 1, 2012. I don't have a Texas CHL, but my current Utah Non-Resident CHL will remain valid until it expires years from now. I just will have to get a Texas CHL prior to applying for renewal of my Utah Non-Resident CHL. Reciprocity agreements remain intact between Utah and Texas.

Comment

I use these guys most of the time since they practically across the street.

Texas Dollar Pawn
                  1000 Hwy 78 N. Suite A
                  Wylie, TX 75098
                  Phone (972)-429-5072
                  Fax (972)-429-1333
                  M-F 9:30 AM - 6 PM
                  Sat 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
                  Closed Sunday
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by billet works View Post
                    X2

I did mine with David Gilreath and have since sent another 20-30 guys and gals his way. He is a bit of a hard core 45acp guy tho
                    X3

Took my class yesterday with David. Very good class, relaxing environment (since it's at his house), and the material was not boring. A+

Comment

The range I go to is having a promo deal right now. $59 is what it looks like for the CHL class. Here is the link:

Cool 1080P, 2K, 4K, 8K HD Wallpapers ✓ Must-View Free Cool Wallpaper Images - Don't Miss ✓ 100% Free to Use ✓ Personalise for all Screen & Devices.

and the link to the Range/CHL class is here:

Comment

What is the time limit to take the qualifiying course after submitting the online application?

Comment

Originally posted by streetscraper1 View Post
                          What is the time limit to take the qualifiying course after submitting the online application?
                          you have a year i believe.

Comment

Can someone update the original post with the renewal stuff? I mean, it's great that people are getting it, but the renewal portion is fairly important as well.

I can't find the cost to the state for the renewals, does anyone know that? I see the renewal class can be 40-90 dollars.

As far as recommendations, for the Plano area I recommend Bullet Trap.

Finally, I saw this...

Notice: Effective March 1, 2011, all fingerprints for original Concealed Handgun License Applications must be submitted through L-1 Enrollment Services. (See Administrative Rule ยง6.12)

...as anyone who has recently gotten theirs comment on it? Another fee involved or just another little hoop to jump through?
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I did my renewal today at the new range off 35W, Shoot Smart. It's a very nice facility and the renewal fee was $52.

Comment

Damon Ing
                                ding@gunsafetx.com

817-891-1680
                                Saginaw PD
                                He does an amazing CHL and CHL Renewal class!

Comment

Working...
                                X