WI-FI to work in my garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WI-FI to work in my garage

Bought a smart TV and, want to extend the signal so I can get it in garage..

Seems to be no easy task, so far ..

What is the best equipment out there to send the signal from house to garage

Tried the NETGEAR AC 1200 .. not the answer

Its about 20 feet or so

I was just talking about this for the new shop. WIFI aint going to cut it. Im thinking it will take running a cat5e along with the electric line out there and using another router.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My shop is about 100 feet from my router and the wifi hasn't reached since the days of DSL and some old net gear router I had.

I gave up and ran a loooong cat5 to hardwire it.

Comment

Not the answer I was looking for

Comment

Looks like CAT5 hardwire is the way to go. I don't see the need really, if you're in the garage, you should be working!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Looks like CAT5 hardwire is the way to go. I don't see the need really, if you're in the garage, you should be working!
            Or getting away from someone

Comment

Wifi extender

Comment

Hardwire plugged into a wifi access point. If you've got a metal building its your best bet.

Currently I'm just using a hardwire running into the back of an old PC out there.
                WH

Comment

I have a brand huge dish WiFi antenna that you can have for free if you want to try it out. I am tired of tripping over the box it is in but can not bring myself to throw it away since it was soo damn expensive. If you are in the area I am going to be in the garage all day working on cars and you can come pick it up. I can also FedEx ground it to you.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

If you have power out of the same breaker panel to the shop, you can do ethernet over power. My small shop uses this and it's fine for streaming and so forth. I run it to a switch and the switch has an access point - so wireless and ethernet in shop.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

extra box and HDMI connector to cat 5 on each end. That's how I'm doing it for outdoor arbor 115' away

Comment

wifi extender works that's how i am able to mow my yard or float in the pool and still get coverage. A good one is like 80 bucks so try it out before running the cable

Comment

I know it's a little late but check out http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index next time. They may have firmware that'll let you crank up the wireless signal.

Or if it's on your land cantennas work very well. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Cantenna

Comment

Working...
                          X