No announcement yet.

Husaberg FE390

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably wont have it back home for a while but with some notice I could try to bring it back for a group ride.

I got the CA cycleworks pump installed over the weekend and everything put back together. I also switched to a lower temp fan switch and did an oil change.

I dont have a truck out here so the next challenge is going to be working out a way to get the thing out to the trails until I street legal it. I have a Euro spec hitch coming for my car and am considering one of the small harbor freight trailers.

Comment

Hitch finally showed up after shipping from Poland. I guess they cant sell the type that replace the bumper support in the US. It seems solid and the install was quick. Hitch arm/ball thing looks weird. Should be able to go pick up the trailer tomorrow and start modifying it to hold the bike. I may also throw some lift bags in the rear coils as the car already sits kind of low in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
        Hitch finally showed up after shipping from Poland. I guess they cant sell the type that replace the bumper support in the US. It seems solid and the install was quick. Hitch arm/ball thing looks weird. Should be able to go pick up the trailer tomorrow and start modifying it to hold the bike. I may also throw some lift bags in the rear coils as the car already sits kind of low in the back.

my ex would love this
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Lol, it's been all black dick jokes since I got it installed. Truck nuts order inbound.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
            Lol, it's been all black dick jokes since I got it installed. Truck nuts order inbound.
            That will be some funny shit.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              Good choice on the Berg. We should organize a group ride sometime.
              What are you riding these days? Been a tough year for us. Kid hasn't made a single race.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                What are you riding these days? Been a tough year for us. Kid hasn't made a single race.

I picked up a 2007 YZ125 about a year ago and set it up for woods. It's an absolute blast to ride, WFO every where and feels like a mountain bike. I got a 2000 CR250 about 2 months ago as a 2nd bike or possible flip. Tore it completely down and I'm now going a little crazy with it. Sent the motor to Eric Gorr for a big bore, case and cylinder porting, head work, new crank and rod, etc. powder coating the frame, had Enzo revalve the suspension, Rekluse, Left hand rear brake, etc etc. money pit!! I had my left knee replaced 3 months ago so I haven't been able to ride. I'm about ready to hit the trails again though. Might go this weekend.

Comment

Harbor Freight finally had one of the smaller trailers in stock over the weekend. I picked it up along with a cheap Lincoln MIG off craigslist. The plan is to add a center beam that extends out the back and then do a 40x75 deck with a wheel chock out front and tie down at its corners.

Last edited by NoClassic; 06-20-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                    Good choice on the Berg. We should organize a group ride sometime.
                    Want to plan one around October? I'd be in for a red river trip once it cools off a bit. All I'm doing til then is working on my trailer in the a/c. Or street riding.

Comment

The trailer is close to being done. I installed the deck and wired the lights today. Loaded the bike to check if my guess at weight distribution worked out. Seems to be good with a bias toward the tongue. I may trim the corners of the deck but not sure yet. I flipped it on its end to do the wiring and noticed the right side wheel/hub is bent. Kind of sucks considering how deep I am into assembly. Going to see if they can exchange just the wheel for now. I wont be running the straps as shown in the image, just wanted to get it up there.

Last edited by NoClassic; 06-24-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

such a badass bike.

Comment

I was able to register the trailer this past week. Also found that the rear tire had some cracking around the lug bases and seemed old/dry. Picked up a Shinko R505 and one of the Tubliss inserts. I am meeting some friends in Taylor Park this coming weekend then heading out to Durango for more riding in that area.

Last edited by NoClassic; 07-15-2017, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Made it out to Taylor Park Reservoir area a few weeks back and then followed some friends to Durango for some riding there. The front tire went flat the last day at Taylor Park so replaced it with a MOTOZ hydrid and Tubliss setup.

I am still chasing what I believe is a lean condition. The bike does great on flowing trails but begins to run hot, sputter, backfire, and eventually stall with aggressive low speed climbing.

The entire fuel system is now new save for the injector which was cleaned and flow tested at a local injector service shop. Considering getting it on a dyno to confirm if the high engine temps are a result of a lean condition or the other way around.

Comment

Tubliss is the shit. I went to Missouri last weekend and rode part of the mark twain national forest at chadwick, I recommend it. Pretty rocky, like 90%. Took someone there instead of a 2 hour xc race that he wanted to enter in Arkansas. He made it three miles at chadwick.

Comment

Yeah, Tubliss is freakin awesome. Traction everywhere. I've had it on my last several bikes. I need to put on my newest build:

Comment

Working...
                                X