No announcement yet.

Husaberg FE390

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front tire mounting with the Tubliss kind of sucks but otherwise I really like them so far. I ended buying a new injector, had CA cycleworks send another pump, and got the ECU loaded with the EU/unrestricted map. The tune did not seem to help so will be installing the injector and replacement pump this weekend.

I had been looking for a cheap truck to move the bike around for the past couple months. The VW did fine with the trailer but a truck just makes everything easier. I had been looking for an OBS F150 and found this 92 with the 300 inline 6 and a 5 speed for $1000. 2wd but no rust and relatively low miles for its age at 118K. Really just needs a set of tires but ordered a whole bunch of basic maintenance stuff to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      Front tire mounting with the Tubliss kind of sucks but otherwise I really like them so far. I ended buying a new injector, had CA cycleworks send another pump, and got the ECU loaded with the EU/unrestricted map. The tune did not seem to help so will be installing the injector and replacement pump this weekend.

I had been looking for a cheap truck to move the bike around for the past couple months. The VW did fine with the trailer but a truck just makes everything easier. I had been looking for an OBS F150 and found this 92 with the 300 inline 6 and a 5 speed for $1000. 2wd but no rust and relatively low miles for its age at 118K. Really just needs a set of tires but ordered a whole bunch of basic maintenance stuff to be safe.

I like it. I have been looking for a winter Jeep to get me through in case my monster is not finished by then and the weather gets bad. But since Jeeps remain in the rape territory of pricing I have started eyeballing the OBS F150's. Cheap as hell and would be a nice winter ride.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yeah the gas trucks seem to still be priced within reason. Really having to restrain myself from starting to collect parts for a 4x4/SAS swap on this one.

The bike has been running with the new parts for the past couple weeks but rain here has kept me from riding. I did manage to get all of the street legal parts installed while it sat. Should be able to get it plated my next time back home.

Comment

I was able to get some riding in over the weekend. The issue with the bike seems to be resolved. Must have been a bad fuel pump or injector.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            Yeah, Tubliss is freakin awesome. Traction everywhere. I've had it on my last several bikes. I need to put on my newest build:

Beautiful build!! How did the motor build turn out? Im needing to work over my 02 cr250, just doesn't have the bottom end to match the rest of the power. Did you change to the air stryker carb?

Anyone signed up for the revlimter race in January? Just started riding again to get in shape for it, should be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
              Beautiful build!! How did the motor build turn out? Im needing to work over my 02 cr250, just doesn't have the bottom end to match the rest of the power. Did you change to the air stryker carb?

Anyone signed up for the revlimter race in January? Just started riding again to get in shape for it, should be a blast.
              Thanks! The motor turned out awesome. Lots of power everywhere and bottom end for days. Mine came factory with a Keihen carb, so I'm good there. I may put a Lectron carb on it in the future though.

Comment

I took the bike by the local inspection station this morning. It passed without issue after a bit of discussion. Guess they dont see something like that too frequently in the city. They did make me ride it and do a brake test which was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                  I took the bike by the local inspection station this morning. It passed without issue after a bit of discussion. Guess they dont see something like that too frequently in the city. They did make me ride it and do a brake test which was interesting.
                  thats part of the inspection

Comment

That makes sense. I had only been told by a friend in Colorado what was involved. He didnt even have to take the bike out of the truck. Guess their process is a bit different.

Comment

After a couple hours at the tax office the bike is plated. The people were friendly but uninformed regarding what is required to switch the title status.

Comment

Found a really good price on the complete 4x4 drivetrain out of a 96 F-150.

Comment

Later you're going to go "Dammit I should have started with a 4x4!" Hmmm maybe I should do the Nissan. Going to look.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

For sure would have preferred to have found a cleaner 4x4 but the swap on these is easy enough. Also will be good to have some confidence that everything drivetrain related has been gone through.

Comment

Picked up a 4x4 trans and another transfer case over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X