No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I decided to make a change to my polishing process. I used to wet sand with 2000 grit, and commence buffing. I was spending a TON of time polishing using ScratchX 2.0. I ordered some M105 and M205 yesterday and picked up some 2500 and 3000 grit paper. I am more than please with the results! They would be even better if my airbrush wasn't acting up when I cleared the Chevelle. I ordered a cleaning kit for the airbrush when I ordered the Meguiar's products. Hopefully to eliminate that issue.

Here is the 68 Chevelle. Wet sanded with 2000, 2500, and 3000 grit paper. Polished with M105, M205, and waxed with Colinite 915. I have some finer paper, I may give that a go next time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• A little more work on the Chevelle and Wrangler cars.

I'm going for a show car type build on the 68 Chevelle, so I painted several chassis components polished aluminum for some pop and contrast. I'm on the fence with the wheels. If I can get them to tuck, I think they will be killer.

Wheels and tires are done for the Wrangler Aerocoupe. Powerslide decals for all of the markings. I added "wheel weights" with a silver sharpie.

Comment

• I think these wheels are what I'm going to go with. Now, to decide on wheel color. I'm thinking the storm gray metallic to match the top...thoughts?

Comment

• Color match sounds good

Comment

• That Chevelle is amazing looking!

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              Color match sounds good
              Most likely the way I will go.

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              That Chevelle is amazing looking!
              It is turning out pretty solid! It is developing as I'm building. I've decided to add some machined aluminum bits to it. Hoping I can get a steering column, shifter, and some pullies here in time to finish it up by 6/1!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for an air cleaner. Part of me wants to go with an aluminum edelbrock type cleaner, another part of me is thinking a shotgun style blower intake with dual cone filters. Decisions, decisions!

Comment

• Wheels are decided! I need to dial in the stance, hopefully I have some shorter coils in the parts box for the rear. I added some seat belts to the interior and installed the seats abd door panels.

I ordered some aluminum pullies, steering column, and photo etched hurst shifter. Hopefully everything arrives in time. Now I just need to search the parts bin for some suitable brakes.

Comment

• How do you do the carpet, spray glue and then drop the fibers on there?

Comment

• I paint the interior a base color, brush on elmers white glue, cover with flocking fibers, let it dry, then shake the loose stuff off.

"Model car flocking" is generally a fine powder type fiber and some guys prefer to use embossing powder. I fount some synthetic flocking fivers that I feel give a better look.

These first two are the synthetic stuff. The last picture is stuff from a model car vendor. Granted, it is 1/12th scale and the first two are 1/25, but you can see the difference.

And, here is how the Chevelle sits. I cut the cups out for the coil springs in the rear. The front can still come down a little as well. I've got to sort out brakes, then I can get the wheels/tires permanently mounted

Comment

• Ah, I see , big difference!

You don't put your tomatoes in the fridge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                        Ah, I see , big difference!

You don't put your tomatoes in the fridge?
                        lol. No sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          lol. No sir.
                          I didnt even know you could leave them out any amount of time...man... the things I learn off this forum is amazing!

Comment

• Roflmao. They don't keep them refrigerated in the produce section!

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              Roflmao. They don't keep them refrigerated in the produce section!

Well shit! You're right. For my whole life they always went in the fridge, so just kept doing it as an adult!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                                Well shit! You're right. For my whole life they always went in the fridge, so just kept doing it as an adult!
                                Lol. Some people do, some don't. I'm not a fan of cold tomatos so I leave them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X