sold the Suzuki LTZ400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sold the Suzuki LTZ400

that i have been terrorizing the trails with and got me one of these.

it is a 2007 polaris outlaw 525 outlaw IRS. the thing is a beast. it has a KTM 525 motor that is nuts at mid range. the LTZ400 was so easy to ride, but i was getting too used to the power and was thinking about doing a big bore kit, so this takes care of that and then some.

i did find a weak point through, the tie rod assembly bend/breaks when put in a bit of a bind. oh well, it gotta pay to play.
    Last edited by SNEAKY; 11-06-2011, 07:14 PM.
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Very kool billy!! I ended up trading mine for that 67 coupe in the classifieds. Lets see more pics of this guy!

Comment

I have always wanted to try one of those with the a independent rears. That or the Renegade 800 will probably be my next four wheeler I am ruined with the auto on the KFX. LOL
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That thing is definitely an upgrade from the LTZ. It's too bad that the tie rod is made out of a wet noodle though. Did you find anything stronger to replace it with yet?

BTW...I think I may have found the problem with my bike.....

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
          That thing is definitely an upgrade from the LTZ. It's too bad that the tie rod is made out of a wet noodle though. Did you find anything stronger to replace it with yet?

BTW...I think I may have found the problem with my bike.....
          So you are gonna keep it?

Sent from the last stall on the left

Comment

Nice! I hope to be purchasing a used sport quad in February.

Looking at Raptor 660/700, Z400, Honda400ex or the 450r's, and anything else in that range.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              Nice! I hope to be purchasing a used sport quad in February.

Looking at Raptor 660/700, Z400, Honda400ex or the 450r's, and anything else in that range.
              For the trails zuk or the Honda would be good. The raptor 700 would be good on the trails or dunes. 660 are cheap but not any better the the 400's IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                So you are gonna keep it?

Yeah, I have to for now because I would lose my ass on the sale unless I bought another YZ450F and swapped all the parts over before selling this one.

I found the middle intake valve too tight. If I fix that and the bike runs good I'll be happy to keep it.

Comment

Here is a clean 500 Outlaw.

www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post

Comment

Man, now I won't be able to catch up to you on the straights. Looks good, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        Man, now I won't be able to catch up to you on the straights. Looks good, congrats.
                        2 things . You have a 700, and you have to actually ride it to know if you can

Comment

Why is it that really good deals are easy to find when it is not the right time for you to buy?
                          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                            Yeah, I have to for now because I would lose my ass on the sale unless I bought another YZ450F and swapped all the parts over before selling this one.

I found the middle intake valve too tight. If I fix that and the bike runs good I'll be happy to keep it.
                            Whats going on with it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1SloLT1 View Post
                              Whats going on with it?
                              It's been stalling and running weird when warm. I've been experimenting with different jetting and thinking it's a carb problem, but this last ride convinced me that it was a valve problem because after it stalls it feels low on compression when I kick it. I checked them and the middle intake valve is definitely out of spec (tight) so I'm fairly certain I've got it licked. I've got a shim kit on the way and I'm going to replace the cam chain while I'm in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X