Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield Armory Severs Ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods

Direct from Springfield:
    "GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans."

Now, if only the rest of the gun manufacturers would follow.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Good for them!

Comment

That Field & Stream in Prosper is a few miles from my house. Someone in my family was in there 3 times a week minimum buying something from clothes for the kids to baseball crap to ammo, etc. We haven't been back since their announcement and will not ever set foot in there again. I'm glad Springfield is taking action. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Comment

Makes me feel even better about the Springfield Arms 1911 that I bought.

Comment

I don't understand the logic behind Dick's/F&S actions here, do they think that they will garner more anti-2nd amendment shoppers? I would think that the vast majority of their shoppers are pro 2A.

Comment

this explains the feed I saw that just said "Springfield severs Dick's"
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

http://gunsgeardaily.wpengine.com/sp...uts-dicks-off/

Love the headline.

Comment

I haven't visited a Dick's or Buffalo Wild Wings since Sandy Hook...fuck em both. Too many other places to eat and buy things for better prices that support the 2A.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    I haven't visited a Dick's or Buffalo Wild Wings since Sandy Hook...fuck em both. Too many other places to eat and buy things for better prices that support the 2A.
                    I used to pick up golf supplies at Dicks during sales, but without their sales prices everything was sky high.

BWW has always had garbage food IMO.

Comment

What happened with BWW?
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        What happened with BWW?
                        They put up 30.06 signs. You guys with the BWW hate are so yesterday. I went there twice. On the second time my food took so long that I got up and left. I was there an hour. This was about eight years ago. I'll never step foot in one again. These places all get one chance with me, after that fuck them, they can go bankrupt for all I care.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          They put up 30.06 signs. You guys with the BWW hate are so yesterday. I went there twice. On the second time my food took so long that I got up and left. I was there an hour. This was about eight years ago. I'll never step foot in one again. These places all get one chance with me, after that fuck them, they can go bankrupt for all I care.
                          Crap, did not realize they put up official signage now.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            These places all get one chance with me, after that fuck them, they can go bankrupt for all I care.
                            Exact same attitude here.
                            WH

Comment

I go there on occasion for lunch. What I have observed are those fast food type joints in small towns have good service and the food seems to taste better. No signage around here. The cancer has yet to take over this area.

Comment

Working...
                              X