• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Frank's.

Comment

Valentina, Frank's, chalula

Comment

Cholula mostly, but I also eat a lot of Sriracha. Not a fan of vinegary sauces in general though.

Crystal's Hot Sauce is on most restaurant tables in New Orleans.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Sriracha for normal use.

In my wing sauce I make I use Louisiana hot sauce and sriracha.

Comment

Frank's Red Hot

Unrelated but there used to be an excellent BBQ sauce made and sold online by an old guy and his wife in Big Spring under the name "King's Sauce". Still miss that...

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Frank's Red Hot

Unrelated but there used to be an excellent BBQ sauce made and sold online by an old guy and his wife in Big Spring under the name "King's Sauce". Still miss that...
              Kings Q Sauce? He's a former Raider Kenny King sell's his family’s recipe I think in Fort Worth

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

The label didn't look like that, rather if I remember correctly it had a fairly young kid on it wearing a crown and a royal-looking robe that looked like it was printed on a home printer setup. They had a website of sorts and I think the elderly couple were named Dawn and Ducky.

Comment

I am a big puss when it comes to to spicy foods, and generally avoid hot sauce like the plague.. That said, the one sauce I do use occasionally is El Pato.. I especially love it on my dad's simple spaghetti recipe, but it kicks butt on regular old bean and cheese burritos too..

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    The label didn't look like that, rather if I remember correctly it had a fairly young kid on it wearing a crown and a royal-looking robe that looked like it was printed on a home printer setup. They had a website of sorts and I think the elderly couple were named Dawn and Ducky.
                    yea that'd be tough to track down! i've been to farmers markets and have gotten some amazing homemade stuff especially the farm raised honey!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      yea that'd be tough to track down! i've been to farmers markets and have gotten some amazing homemade stuff especially the farm raised honey!
                      I did a basic Google search for it and found nothing. I know the last time I ordered it I sent payment via PayPal and never received anything or any message about it, and most of the payment was refunded. These were old people after all!

*****EDIT*****
                      An obscure 2014 online reference in the Weatherford Democrat turned up a "Ducky" as being the pawpaw of one of the owners of a BBQ place in Aledo, and as being the one who was pictured as a baby on the BBQ sauce jar labels decked out in royal attire. Supposedly he is still alive making their sauce now (or still was in 2014) or is the brains behind the recipe they are using. My memory was pretty good then for being an old guy, the only mistakes in my recollection were the elderly wife's name is "Dwanna" rather than "Dawn" and the name of the sauce is "King Sauce" rather than "King's Sauce". The article indicated they are shipping it out of state, so maybe a road trip to west FTW is in order for me.
                      Last edited by The King; 07-19-2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I use Sriracha as a ketchup substitute. It's just better in every aspect, on every food.

For a standard chips and salsa type salsa, I go to the deli at El Rancho and get their little containers of either the roasted red "mocajete" salsa or "creamy" green salsa. They can be super hot or super mild, just depends on the batch that day. But they are always pretty damned good. If you don't know what an El Rancho is, then you probably live in a good part of town and have no idea what you're missing.

I also buy this stuff at Costco. It's just roasted green chiles, a little garlic, a little salt, and a little vinegar as a preservative. Right out of the jar, it's probably my favorite salsa. I eat this on EVERYTHING.

As for a vinegary type sauce, I generally avoid the Tobasco, Cholula, etc and go right for this stuff. The flavor is sensational.

I will make an exception for the Chipotle Tobasco sauce. It has a great smokey flavor, but it can be a bit much if you use a lot of it.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Tapitio won me over today.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            Tapitio won me over today.
                            i bought some of that the other day for a buck! not to bad just a tad too hot but bearable

Comment

Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X