Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    Watch “The Magic Pill” on Netflix. LOTS of studies and beliefs that carbs/sugar are the biggest contributors to high colesterol and heart problems, not fat.
    This 100

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Cut down my food intake the past couple of months and was 227# the other day when I woke up. Strength has been affected along with stamina, but that was expected. Going to gradually increase my intake this next week and start making the push for my year end goal of 405 on flat bench or get as close as I can. Arms are almost completely tight and I have a very small bicep peak when I flex so I at least have that going for me lol.
      2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Starting to see some better vascularity. At 223 now. Goal is still 205 to 210.

Comment

• Also did 110 DB's on incline for six after 70s/90's/100's for warm up sets. Going to try 115's next International Chest Day (Mondays). Personal best and first strength gain since going keto.

Comment

• pretty impressive. I remember the time I did 90's 7 times on the bench. Now I stick with 80's a few times every now and then cause my shoulders are sure to remind me they're not young anymore.

Comment

• Thanks. I've never had an issue with DB presses. I've gotten many twinges and stingers in the shoulders when doing BB flat bench. If I ever go heavy it's only with DB's anymore. Still do BB flat bench, but stick with light weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Thanks. I've never had an issue with DB presses. I've gotten many twinges and stingers in the shoulders when doing BB flat bench. If I ever go heavy it's only with DB's anymore. Still do BB flat bench, but stick with light weight.
                I used to have issues in my shoulder with BB incline press so I stuck to DBs. Then I jacked my shoulder back in December. Since it got better in March, I have been doing the BB on inline again and DBs give me a little twinge.

But I don't go heavy on incline with either. DBs the highest I could go was with 55s since that was all we had. With the BB, I go up to 165 and that's gives me a good workout for a couple of sets still.

Comment

• Yeah I stay far away from BB inclines. Never felt right. Same with BB curls. For some reason, no matter the hand position my wrists hurt. EZ bar all the way.

Comment

Yeah I stay far away from BB inclines. Never felt right. Same with BB curls. For some reason, no matter the hand position my wrists hurt. EZ bar all the way.
                    I agree with ez bar for them curls. We had a good one, douche-meatheads broke it. I bought the base s new one but slightly different angle. Damn thing gave me tennis elbow or tendonitis in my forearm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. I've never had an issue with DB presses. I've gotten many twinges and stingers in the shoulders when doing BB flat bench. If I ever go heavy it's only with DB's anymore. Still do BB flat bench, but stick with light weight.
                      That's the same reason I switched to db presses. The barbell just seemed like my arms couldn't move freely when lowering/raising the weight. I guess at some point though I was lifting too often or didn't have enough rest time in between and my shoulders developed a serious pain...guess my joints couldn't keep up with my muscles?
                      Last edited by GeorgeG.; 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Keep your elbows in when doing any kind of press, when they go out it impinges the shoulder, and actually takes stress away from the chest, and moves it to the shoulder. Keep them in and your tris take over as your chest tires. Feels weird at first if you are used to lifting elbows out, but your shoulder joints will thank you down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Keep your elbows in when doing any kind of press, when they go out it impinges the shoulder, and actually takes stress away from the chest, and moves it to the shoulder. Keep them in and your tris take over as your chest tires. Feels weird at first if you are used to lifting elbows out, but your shoulder joints will thank you down the road.
                          Took your advice and concentrated on sucking the elbows in today. Certainly felt it hit my tricepts more and less in my shoulders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Keep your elbows in when doing any kind of press
                            Even a shoulder press?

Comment

Even a shoulder press?
                              Ever so slightly, yes. Think of it with a straight-bar, lowering in-front of your head is far better than behind. With shoulder press keeping the elbows "in" means slightly forward. You may not feel much of a difference until you hurt one, then you'll know exactly how having tour shoulders back stresses the joint.

Comment

• I stopped BB shoulder press years ago and behind the neck before that. Saw no point to it. Only press moves I do now with BB is flat bench. Used to work out with a competitive power lifter who showed me the correct way to bench. Even after that the shoulders would sometimes sting. Anymore in my case I think it's due to old age.

Comment

Working...
                                X