Fan control software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan control software

Alright, just built up a good used gaming PC for a kid at church.

Problem I am having is I used a Corsair H105 for its cooling solution. It works great, idle at 28C, doesn't go over 40C even under top load. It's the fan noise!

The motherboard aux fan 2 connector wants to spin the second radiator fan at 1800 RPM. Using MSI's control software, I got it down to 1500RPM, but its still too loud (to me). Speed fan cannot control it, nor can Corsairs software.

Other than putting a dedicated hardware fan controller in, any one have any software suggestions to get it down to 800 RPM?

Bummer, that model doesn't support their Corsair Link software. I'd swap the fans to Cougar fans. http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...aring_case_fan

Comment

Have you tried hitting it?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
        Have you tried hitting it?
        Srs or no?

I've thought of tearing it apart and lithium greasing the ball bearing.

Comment

The fans that Corsair ships with those coolers are noisy AF, that's why I switched to the Cougars myself.

Comment

Get a splitter and run them both to the CPU fan header?

Comment

The corsair mag lev fans aren't so noisy.

Comment

Get a PWM fan if your board is PWm compatible. PWM is 4 pins on your fans and board. You can then set your fans to down to 5% I believe in PWM settings in your BIOS. Even though I use PWM, I still use this in all my builds. Just works.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X